Elephant felt hoop

A friend-of-a-friend was robbed and lost many decor items from her apartment, so a bunch of us decided to help replace them. She loves elephants and pink colors. I am doing a series of hoops for her with embroidery, but whipped up one really fast so she has something to hang on her bare walls. Scraps of wool felt I had were all luckily the right size and I made this in one evening.

Oops, just realized, when previewing my post, that I need to go back and adjust where the hoop hardware is! Has to hang correctly!

28 Likes

adorable!
very sweet of you to craft for someone in need~

2 Likes

That’s a very sweet little Ellie. I cant believe someone stole her decor! That’s madness. The poor thing!

2 Likes

That is such a kind thing to do for your friend-of-friend!! Super cute little hoop, and I’m sure it’ll really make her feel loved and appreciated.

1 Like

What a thoughtful gesture! That’s horrible that she had such an experience. She’s fortunate to have you and the others in her life!

2 Likes

This so absolutely adorable! I love the soft colors. Such a sweet sentiment to help out your friend too.

2 Likes

This is so darling and what a wonderful gesture.

1 Like

Very cute

Super cute! And very kind. What a horrible experience for her!

1 Like

It’s so cute

1 Like

I’m so sorry about your friend’s misfortune. But your hoop is lovely.

1 Like

Congrats! Your Elephant Felt Hoop is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

2 Likes

This is just so sweet in all the ways.

3 Likes

This is just to sweet

1 Like

That is so kind of you to make this for your friend. What kind of creep steals wall decor?? Thank you for including your glasses for size reference. Did you stuff some cotton in the heart? It looks puffy and cute. I like that your elephant has legs that, from the picture, are slightly larger on the bottom giving that extra cute factor.

1 Like

So far she has been given lots of statues and such, but no wall decor, so I am glad I am working on hoops. I believe there was an ex roommate involved in the crime, for some revenge for being kicked out for not paying rent…

The heart is just puffy as it was thick wool felt, and I stitched it a bit smaller than it was cut, so it puffed up.

The legs were a happy accident!

2 Likes

I know she will appreciate your efforts. Horrible event, but the love is epic! Well done!