Elvira: Mistress of the Dark House

I finally finished another one of my planned projects for miniature houses/objects from movies that were a big part of my childhood. This is an approximate replica of the house in Elvira: Mistress of the Dark, which I’ve always loved (though the sexual innuendo flew right over my head when I was a kiddo).

Stills of the house are hard to find, and scenes with the exterior are short, so I reviewed a minute of the movie a bunch of times while crafting to get colors as close as possible.

I used two wooden kits of the house from Psycho, which has a similar shape-and used the second kit to add on extra rooms and decor to more closely mimic the Elvira house. The awning was made with plastic, extra wood pieces, rick-rack, and a thick coating of spackle. And the whole house is basically superglue holding together tons of tiny wooden pieces, haha.

I’m super happy with it! I plan on adding little Easter eggs as I go on, but for now I’m happy with the shadow in the window, and I think it fits beautifully with my other houses (Addams and Coraline’s Pink Palace) on my buffet.

24 Likes

These are just about the most delightful things I’ve seen in some time. I am such a huge fan of miniatures and these are amazing. <3 <3 <3

2 Likes

I had no idea how small this was until I saw the last picture! What a wonderful collection!

You did a good job of mashing the two kits together.

1 Like

Amazing job replicating the house! And you’re building quite a Halloween village, too.

1 Like

I simply adore these.

1 Like

so cute!
I saw a youtube yesterday where they mashed together two Dollar Tree dollhouses to make a haunted mansion. I’m headed to DT today!

It’s at the beginning, you don’t have to watch the whole two hours. But I did. And took notes about stuff I’d like to find at DT.

1 Like

This is awesome! Well done.

1 Like

Wickedly wonderful! I, too, didn’t realize just how tiny until seeing the photo of it with it’s mates on your buffet!

1 Like

Stunning! These are amazing!

I am awed. And a wee bit jealous. :wink:

1 Like

Yes!!! Soooo coool!!! I think you nailed it. Love the shadow!!

1 Like

I would leave that up year round!

1 Like

Wow. I thought it was bigger because of all the detail. Smaller is harder! Amazing!!!

2 Likes

:bat: :woman_vampire: :black_heart: Congratulations! Your spooktacular Elvira, Mistress of the Dark House is a Featured Project this week! :black_heart: :woman_vampire: :bat:

2 Likes

This is fantastic!

1 Like

Fantastic! That is such clever, detailed work!!

1 Like