Embellished vintage wooden spool

Love those fans! And they roll up on the spool, and button in place…so different from an item that is displayed showing all its details all the time. Like a Chinese scroll.
I would enjoy getting this out to show someone, one fan at a time.

2 Likes

'Course the background fabric is denim. From PANTS! Bahahaha :jeans: :joy:

I nice tidy backside is always preferable :rofl:

2 Likes

I have no aversion to used clothing or denim. There are a lot worse things that we deal with everyday…like eating food prepared by “unhygenic” people, breathing the same air as infected people, drinking water that has been “cleaned” with chemicals, etc. A little used denim does not even make my radar…lol

2 Likes

I know you love it, you are my denim upcycling sister! Whenever I need inspiration for using jeans I visit your Pinterest :wink:

1 Like

It’s so pretty! It reminds me of a bell pull.

2 Likes

This is really beautiful.

2 Likes

This is absolutely gorgeous @Magpie!!

Hi @Paulosa, welcome to Lettuce Craft! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I love the scraps you chose! so colorful!!

2 Likes

As a long time friend, @magpie knows my color palette by now…I love colorful!

1 Like

OMG - this is gorgeous! I have a similar spool that I had no idea what to do with - - I’ve been hesitating on donating it - - this is a wonderful idea. thank you.

3 Likes

I have so many wooden spools, so many. Tiny ones, this size, really huge. I just love them. They actually deserve to be in a jar on display, even if I never use another one of them for anything.

2 Likes

Or thread them onto cord for a kind of bunting to drape over a doorway or window.
Intersperse with buttons, scrappy beads, sewing charms, thimbles…

1 Like