Embellishments from Playing with My New Dies

I recently kind of went crazy buying some dies from Sizzix/Tim Holtz’s Chapter 3 release. We’ve been having a heat wave and stuck inside, so… PLAY DAY!

SpecimenDies01

I don’t have specific plans for most of these.

PostaleDies00

I also got this older set of Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz postage stamp stamps that fit some of the dies.

It was fun to try to use of the scraps from the printed cardstock I used. I also saved some of the cut-outs! I already used some of the letters on a few of these embellishments.

TH-Outcuts01

Apologies for the severe lighting. It’s been quite dark inside as we draw the blockout shades to help keep the house cooler.

13 Likes

These are so fun & so post perfect for you too. How cool that you’ll use the punched out letters too. Every scrap is sacred, lol.

3 Likes

The specimen ones are really fun! You could do all kinds of nerdy science things with those. A paper insect collection? A museum drawer of fossils? So many possibilities!

2 Likes

How fun! Tim holtz has some great stuff and you always make stand out items anyway! Match made in heaven I’d say! :blush:

2 Likes

Love, love, love! I’ve been eyeballing the Specimen set….I think all paper crafters need mini file folders and mini envelopes!

2 Likes

oh man, I want all of those dies.

2 Likes

Ooh that’s a really cool set!

2 Likes

Thanks so much everyone!

@MightyMitochondria Right? Nerdy science things and mad scientist things!

@Bunny1kenobi and @geekgirl It is so tempting to buy so many Tim Holtz things and it felt like such a treat to get all three of these die sets + the stamps! And now I see that the Halloween collections are out!

@Smmarrt Each of these really speak to my love of office and scientific supplies! I justified the splurge by saying how versatile these kind of “basics” could be.

2 Likes

You should consider putting together packets for sale! I would buy them…it would help pay for your purchases and be used!

I really love the pieces in your new set!

1 Like

Hmmmmm. That’s something to consider! I know that one can legally sell finished projects using these dies, I am not sure about just the die cuts.

1 Like