Embroidered Canvas Zip Pouch

I wasn’t sure if this is more fashion or fiber, but landed here since I didn’t make the bag, so am really showcasing the embroidery. :slight_smile:

As a gift for my grandma’s birthday this year, I embroidered a purchased white canvas zip pouch with “firework” style flowers. I made the leaves blue rather than green just because. I felt it needed something when I had finished the flowers so I filled in the white space with a “confetti” stitch.

It was fun to make, and I hope to do more of these “functional” type projects this year!

31 Likes

That turned out so great! The fill stitch really energizes the whole thing.

2 Likes

I love this so much! You did such a great job.

2 Likes

Thanks, guys! :smile:

@sheepBlue look at you with your fancy title! :wink:

2 Likes

I love it! I have one of those blank pouches I’m working on too. I’m amazed at how many blank canvas items the craft stores are selling nowadays! I’m also working on a duffel bag backpack for me.

2 Likes

So lovely!

2 Likes

This is absolutely beatiful! I really like how the confetti stitches make it look like a background - they kind of remind me of dirt/mulch in a good way - like the ground in which the flowers are growing.

3 Likes

It looks so lively and pretty!! Good call on the confetti fill stitch! :tada:

3 Likes

What a sweet gift!

2 Likes

This is really cool! The fireworks stitch makes the flowers so fun and the confetti stitch was the perfect filler stitch!

3 Likes

Looks very pretty

2 Likes

I haven’t seen this before! Very cool!

:metal:

3 Likes

Beautiful

2 Likes

This is the right category I think, because you want to show off the embroidery :smiley: which I think is awesome. The flowers are really cute and I think, and I love the confetti stitch :smiley:

2 Likes

Such a sweet zip pouch for your grandmama.
Love your embroidery!

3 Likes

Wow, it’s truly a work of art. I want to frame it.

3 Likes

It’s a beauty Abbee, I’m sure it will be loved as a gift.

2 Likes

Your grandmother will love this!

2 Likes

So pretty! Such a great way to decorate it.

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like