Embroidered Felt Garland

With the holidays fast approaching, the Christmas Craft Along has been spurring me to get some of my projects done! One of the things I had pinned last year was a pretty garland that was made of felt and embroidered by hand. I blame/credit @antbee for bringing this to my attention… :laughing:.

Here is the finished garland hanging on my fireplace. Not sure where it will be hung when it comes time to decorate, but I like it here for now.

Progess shots:

Finished the turquoise ones:

Fuchsia ones with the light blue and turquoise. At this point, I was sick of doing the same embroidery patterns and was going to call it done…

But, after a brief rest, I decided to add in the lime green, one of my favorite colors!

So there are 24 links, which I sewed together instead of using velcro like the pattern used.

Thanks for looking! One Christmas project done…a lot more to go!

26 Likes

I absolutely love this, it turned out so fantastic! Your colour choices are fab!

1 Like

This is so cool! It’s almost a crime that some of the embroidery gets hidden. When I saw your progress pics I wasn’t sure how you were going to connect them. I really love the finished garland!

3 Likes

This is delightful! So much wonderful detail in every link.

2 Likes

It’s not really the “traditional” colors and far from the original blue and white that I was thinking of for this Christmas, but I really must like ALL the colors anyway…it is more in style with how we really live!

@photojenn … one of the reasons I tacked them close was that I am thinking that after the holidays, I might take them apart and make them into bookmarkers…add a tassel to the bottom and a ribbon at the top…I agree…the embroider does get a bit lost in the links!

4 Likes

This is gorgeous! I can’t imagine the patience and perseverance it took to embroider every one of those links by hand, but the end result is amazing.

1 Like

They do show off the repetitive pattern when you see it up close…

14 Likes

It is -so- cool!

I love everything about this! I have a double doorway between my dining and living rooms where I hang things. If you had a space like that to display it you’d see it from three angles (front/back/below)

3 Likes

These are amazing! Beautifully done my friend.

1 Like

Great idea!

1 Like

What a lot of work, and a lovely result!

1 Like

Truly amazing! So much beautiful stitching in that chain! I love the idea of hanging it in a doorway so you can see it from different angles.

1 Like

Love love love!

1 Like

Oh. My. Goodness! This is so cool and SO MUCH WORK! You did not skimp on this one. It’s beautiful.

2 Likes

So lovely! I’d have no problem hanging that up year round.

1 Like

A brilliant take on the traditional chain-link garland! I love it! And your embroidery is gorgeous.

2 Likes

I love this, it feels festive but multi-purpose like it wouldn’t be out of place at other holidays or events.

1 Like

Sweeeeeeet :heart_eyes:

I would definitely keep this out for more than just Christmas, I could see it working for many occasions.

2 Likes

Yep. I’d never take this down! Beautiful work!

1 Like