Embroidered Rainbow Button Hoops!

I made this hoop for @geekgirl in the Holiday Present swap, but the package went missing, so she never ended up receiving it.

When I redid her package for the swap, I just couldn’t bear spending all of the time doing it again, but after I had some time off of embroidery, I decided to take another stab at it for her for a little personal swap. This one has a lot less small buttons and more embroidery because when I went through my stash, it looks like I had used a lot more of the small buttons on the first hoop, but honestly, I like the way it looks with more embroidery!
(photos taken from geekgirl because I forgot to get photos before I packed it up for her)

25 Likes

So cool! Bet it was so much fun to make!

2 Likes

I really dig the combinations of the textures of buttons and embroidery stitches.

2 Likes

So! Many! Colours! I love how you filled in the spaces with embroidery, too.

2 Likes

I can’t even imagine the amount of work that goes into such a hoop!

It is so colorful and bright…I also like it a lot with all of the embroidery…and the surprises…I saw a little bead and a pearl and the heart button…

The stitching on the buttons are also interesting…so much texture and great color combos…

Sorry the first one went MIA…it looked like you also did a lot of work there…hope it is living in a happy place, at least!

2 Likes

I love this so much! The embroidery and buttons make it so interesting to look at. I keep seeing new parts of it when I look at the pictures.

2 Likes

This so pretty and the perfect rainbow. I love both of them. I also like that you varied up the embroidery and added so much texture and dimension. I can’t stop staring at it. It’s like one of those picture finding images where you keep finding more and more interesting parts to them.

1 Like

Gorgeous! I like them both, but I really like the extra embroidery. Lost package! I’m so sorry.

2 Likes

Love them both!
Hope #1 turns up; I understand that the post office is still backed up.

2 Likes

They are both so cool! The embroidery around the buttons is a fun detail I never would have thought to do. I’m sorry to hear the first one went missing. That is a huge disappointment.

2 Likes

Beautiful! I love the extra fill embroidery on that second one. Bummer on the mail loss!!

2 Likes

I love it! So much detail! So much texture!

1 Like

That is so intricate! Definitely a labor of love

1 Like

They are both magnificent! Hopefully the lost one will appear one of these days and there’ll be a set of them to hang together. Spectacular!

Both are beautiful! I’m sorry the first one didn’t arrive, but they both came out so cool.

I really like the embroidery paired with the buttons; it’s such a fun collection of textures!

I do love so the extra embroidery you included! They were both epic!