Embroidered Skull & Thank You cards

Feels weird to post cards in embroidery, but I think it is where they belong.
I made these for @Bunny1kenobi the Stationery Swap. After the swap had started, my Mom was cleaning out her craft room and came across a Martha Stewart kit to embroider cards and gave it to me. I used the kit, but reconfigured the design a bit to make the Thank You snail card.

One I felt I had the hang of it, I went rouge and made the skull one. I added another layer of paper with the black cardstock. The skull isn’t pure white, but an off-white bone color. I think it turned out neat. I was terrified of wrinkling it once I got about half way through.

It was fun to do something completely new. I never would have thought about embroidering on paper. And yes, I am very aware that the stitches are super simple. LOL!

21 Likes

simple good.

love that skull card! But I’m kind of obsessed with skulls.

3 Likes

I love these cards!!

1 Like

These are awesome!

1 Like

These are very cool!

I’m not a skull person (not adverse, just not really my thing) but I love the bone (I see what you did there!) on the black card. It looks great!

1 Like

What a great interpretation of the stationery swap! These could be framed after sending.

2 Likes

oh my goodness! these are amazing! does not look simple AT ALL

2 Likes

Those are fabulous! Stitched cards are so unexpected. I wish I could run my hand over them to feel the texture.

5 Likes

These are awesome!! :cherry_blossom::two_hearts: I think simple stitches/designs are a good idea on card-stock, since it’s harder to hide the back of complex shapes and filler stitches, and paper isn’t “self-healing” the way fabric is if you need you pull things out and adjust. The designs and colors you picked are fantastic for this. I also want to touch them. :joy:

5 Likes

I ADORE these cards. They are gorgeous and so well done.

2 Likes

Cute idea and great execution!

2 Likes

These cards really are cool, guys! They were such an amazing surprise.

1 Like

Those are so nice. I really love that snail mail card especially.

1 Like