Embroidery Stitches Book

oh those are incredible!

Would be great to have a embroidery stitch encyclopedia that illustrated the stitches like this along with detailed sketches of how to do the stitches.

I do have stitching guides but I felt that if I did the actually stitches in the pieces, it would help me develop muscle memory. Sort of like knitting or crochetā€¦one doesnā€™t have to look at a guide to know what a knit or purl stitch is. I think it has helped! There are so many stitchesā€¦the ā€œbookā€ would be so fat! lolā€¦I was just trying to figure out a way to use up the samples I made up instead of tossing them away into a drawer! It is really a ā€œkeep busyā€ project.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a great project! Itā€™s the sort of project that can (and should be) lovingly passed on to future generations! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love this! Itā€™s late and Iā€™m tired so I canā€™t express all the ways that I love this, but I really do!

1 Like

Iā€™m calling it early, but this is going to be one of my most admired projects for the year xx

1 Like

What a brilliant idea and also, the colors youā€™re using look soooo good together. They remind me of fall which is my favorite season by far.

2 Likes

lol I used a set of charms that I got as a bargain a while backā€¦I wanted to use up my stash suppliesā€¦didnā€™t realize how many threads and doo-dads I had that were in that fall color schemeā€¦I must like fall as well!

1 Like

These are just fantastic. I have been binge watching slow stitch YT for a while now since weā€™re staying at home so much. And have taken up this stitching art also. Your variety and composition are wonderful. Love the idea of a book. Definitely an art piece. Thank you for sharing.

Is there anyone who follow? I follow sew4soul and hannemadeā€¦Jude Hill is another person I likeā€¦I enjoy having some prompts to keep me motivated during this time at home.

1 Like

I love these! I never knew there were so many different stitches. They are beautiful. I love the color palette you picked. Itā€™s so warm and comforting.

1 Like

There are way too many stitches to fit into one bookā€¦I thought about doing more of them, but I am bored with this project and will start another. :slight_smile: Thanksā€¦yes, I love the paletteā€¦I have to find larger pieces of fabric to complete the bookā€¦

2 Likes

What do the backs of the pages look like?

1 Like

They are backed up to each otherā€¦there are 5 pages but 10 stitchesā€¦I joined them with blanket stitchā€¦in the picture above, the first pic is the front and second is the backā€¦

2 Likes

Back Front

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying!!

1 Like

I have added to my growing list of stitchers to follow on YT. Thank you for telling me about Jude Hill. I love HanneMade and allsewnup tutorials. I am into Junk Journals or JJs and they are known. Check out Carol Martine, Melanie Sullivan, Roxy Creations, and Oak House Journals. Also want to figure out better ways to organize the ever-growing pile of supplies we gather.

2 Likes