Emily's rad 100 blocks - tula pink city sampler

another 2018 quilt that came to completion last year was my project from the 100 days 100 block sew along on instagram. this sew along used the tula pink city sampler book and was hosted by australian instagram user gnomeangel
my cousin and i had always wanted to participate in the sew along, and when it was announced that it would be the last year using the tula pink city sampler book, we jumped on it! i was at the halfway point with my fussy cut sampler which then lead to a LOT of fussy cutting with some of these blocks. this quilt took on a very bright, rainbow vibe with my base prints starting with a fat quarter bundle i had on hand plus some moda grunge and dimples fabrics to balance it all out. this became the quilt i finally deserved after upgrading to a queen sized bed at least 5 years ago :slight_smile: the book instructions have the finished quilt use the same wide border all around, but with the amount of rainbow scrappy goodness going on, i couldn’t let it just fade out to gray. the border was the exact punch that it needed!

31 Likes

Oh wow! What a beautiful quilt! A lot of work went into that. Great work, really!! :orange_heart::metal:t3:

1 Like

Wowee – spectacular! So vibrant, and the fussy cutting is gobsmacking and the piecing perfection.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

It’s so colorful! I love it! Way to go finishing another make!

1 Like

This is just gorgeous! The colors and prints are a delight and you put them together with so much skill. Well done.

1 Like

Oh, wow!!! This is spectacular! I think the border is great-love the colors, and the pattern of the stitching. My fave is the yellow square with the gray fussy cut dinosaurs in a white plus sign arrangement. Too cool!!!

1 Like

There’s so much to see…I love it! And that poppin’ border is the perfect finish.

1 Like

unbelievably beautiful! And I love your backdrop stand, I’ve been looking for one of those to display quilts, afghans, etc…

1 Like

Each one is a wonderous block of happiness! I love it! and I really appreciate the grey base against the bright colors.

and I 100% fangirl Tula. Wowza.

:shamrock: :metal: :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Wooooooweee! I love it!! :heart_eyes:

And you are definitely right about the border. It makes the whole thing come together perfectly!

1 Like

This is completely nuts in the best way. :green_heart:

1 Like

This is AMAZING! Congratulations on making this great quilt!

1 Like

Really stunning work!

1 Like

Beautiful…love the colors you picked!

I have that book and have been slogging through the blocks…I think I should have picked a happy color palette like yours…I might just start it again…yours looks so good!

1 Like

That monster fabric! WOW! Amazing quilt.

1 Like

What a lovely quilt! The colors are gorgeous.

1 Like

That is amazing. I’m sure I could look at it for hours and still not see every bit of it. What a quilt!

1 Like

WOW! So colorful and full of life! I love it!!

1 Like

Oh, I love your quilt!
Look at all those amazing happy colors.
And your neat work. Lots and lots of work.

1 Like

It looks beautiful. The colour on border looks just perfect.

1 Like