Entrelac Gryffindor Baby Blanket

Thank you all so much for the Thing love! It did take forever, haha! It went everywhere with me (kid’s dance class, any waiting room ever, husband’s hospital room, grocery store curb-side pick up parking space… lol. Oh, and don’t worry, it got a thorough washing before putting the minky on the back.) I kind of miss seeing it in the diningroom now, we’ve been together so long! (It’s a good thing I have my yarny mascot, Boris, now!) It’s been here through birthday dinners and family game nights… I like to think the warm, homey vibes of it’s incubation period are felt by anyone who uses it.

10 Likes

STOP! You are going to make me cry! Just knowing that the history of the THING, living with a real family through everyday events and now going to another new family to have many more events to live though…my heart is filled with joy thinking of your two families joined by the THING!!!

8 Likes

The THING is amazing!! I love how it gained a life of its own on the site and now will enrich another life for a good long time. This is love, in every stitch, in every moment spent… a true treasure!

4 Likes

The “thing” rocks!

3 Likes

This is awesome!

2 Likes

Great googly moogly! This is magical! So much care and thought (and time) went into this and you did.not.give.up! GO YOU! I love how personal this is both in medium and HP-edness. Perfecto! And perfect for moving to a wintery climate. YEY!

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

What a wonderful THING to behold!
Perfect for little angel Ada.
:angel:

Truly, an amazing and stupendous THING.

4 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

That is BEAUTIFUL!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

What a touching and heart warming story! And the Thing? Is just beautiful! Not to mention the Harry Potter wonderfulness!! I don’t knit but I even can tell, just by looking at it what love went into it! Truly fantastical!

1 Like

Let me inform you all, that while AntBee’s pictures are good, it is even more amazing in person! I keep trying to find a moment to put Ada in a cute outfit and take a picture of her with it, but with the move disrupting our entire household, I haven’t gotten a chance yet. I promise to do so as soon as possible. It is so soft and cuddly, and I am absolutely in love with it. I was completely overwhelmed when I opened the package, and as I keep staring at it, my shock and awe have not abated.

It warms my heart that it matches the sweater AntBee made me a few years ago. I can’t wait for us to cuddle up together in them and watch Ada’s first HP movie.

11 Likes

:sparkles: :yarn: :owl: Congratulations! Your magical baby blanket is a Featured Project this week! :owl: :yarn: :sparkles:

3 Likes

Wow, wow, and wow! This is crazy - amazing! So much thought and time and crafting ability. It is INCREDIBLE!!!

4 Likes

Thank you!!

The Thing definitely lives up to expectations and then some! This is amazing and clearly has so much thought and love woven into it. I am in awe of the Thing. Wow, just wow!

2 Likes

Thank you so much :relaxed:

1 Like

Miss Ada and her pet unicorn, having a fantastic time on her blanket.

19 Likes

Awww! Love this!!

2 Likes