Ernest Wright stork scissors!

I am SO HAPPY, I recently received my highly anticipated new scissors. I saved up for a year and ordered a pair of hand-forged, -sharpened & -polished stork scissors from Ernest Wright https://www.ernestwright.co.uk/ and then waited (and waited and waited!) for them to work through their backorder queue … and finally 6 months later I HAVE THEM!

These are gorgeous scissors. So beautiful to look at, and beautiful to use.

These cut through wool & polyester felt with so little effort, and are so sharp & precise, you can cut incredibly tiny tiny bits to exact shapes. They cut floss & thread so cleanly, it is a breeze to thread tiny needles!

There is no smushing of the fabric being cut, just sharp edges cutting. I am afraid I can never go back now … it’s like your first time using quality pinking shears to cut fabric. Shivers! But my old embroidery scissors can do pick up other jobs in cutting paper & vinyl and such.

Oh it is such a joy to sit down to stitch now!!!

If you are in the market for excellent quality hand-made scissors or shears, go check out Ernest Wright! They make a variety of tools for kitchen, sewing, embroidery, tailoring.

20 Likes

This is a gorgeous pair of scissors, and I was expecting them to cost at least 3x what they do! Sounds like they are worth every penny, and crafting time just became that much more fun and special :hearts:

2 Likes

They were so much better than my Fiskar embroidery scissors - better than i even expected. Fiskars is quality, but machine made, machine sharpened, and just assembled - not fitted by hand. Wow it makes a difference. I am itching to buy some dressmaking shears now!

2 Likes

Love your stork scissors! Have you ever tried Kai scissors? The Kai 7205s are my favorite. They cut through fabric like butter.

2 Likes

Oooo! Niiiice! There’s something about cutting with a really nice pair of scissors that is viscerally satisfying and also makes you wonder just what you have been doing with your life up until that moment.

4 Likes

I love stork scissors! Lovely buy.

2 Likes

I have not, but they were on my list of possibilities! I chose EW because of the all-metal construction - my stupid tender skin tends to react to most plastic handles after a time of use.

2 Likes

Ooh! What a nice treat for yourself! They sounds amazing!

2 Likes

They are gorgeous! I love those stork scissors. The ones I’ve tried irl are all too small for my hands though. Honestly I don’t think the price is too bad at all for a product completely handmade in England, and it will probably last a lifetime.

2 Likes

I was worried about size of the holes too, but these seem to have ample room for my chubby fingers. I am just so in love with them!

2 Likes