Espresso Patronum Mug Rug

I made this mug rug for the HP swap :grinning:

When I learned that my partner liked coffee I just had to buy this design… that happens to me a lot :speak_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

This design was the one that ‘broke’ my embroidery machine, mid-project! :hot_face: it turns out that although the machine was quite old, it was practically brand new, and since I’d been using it so much, it seized up. Thankfully it’s all fixed now and I can embroider away to my little heart’s content.

The fabric on the back is some special coffee fabric that I’d been hoarding, but what a perfect fabric to use! And I made the binding out of a Gryffindor coloured fabric and hand-bound the rug. I really enjoy hand-binding, even though it’s time consuming I find it’s a heart felt way to finish a project beautifully.

Thanks for looking :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Ah! Now I know why you asked me if I like coffee, lol! :laughing: I love this pattern it cracks me up! I’m so glad it didn’t kill your machine!

2 Likes

I’m glad your machine is back on track… that would cause no small hissy fit on my part! :tired_face:
But oh, this mug rug is simply perfection!

1 Like

I love it! The fabric on the back and the binding are both so perfect!

2 Likes

Super cute!!

1 Like

HA! This is wonderful!

1 Like

I love the coffee cup fabric on the back. Very cute embroidery!

1 Like

I love the back almost as much as the front! I’ve busted my machine before, thankfully it’s always been able to bounce right back

1 Like

Freakin’ adorable. :heart:

1 Like

Every element was so thoughtfully put together. Love it!

1 Like

So much awesome right in one project.

1 Like

Adorable embroidery. The back fabric is perfect and so are your edges! Kudos on that. It’s not easy.

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Espresso Patronum Mug Rug is a featured project for this week! Now where’s my coffee… :thinking:

1 Like

I laughed out loud at the little thumbnail pic, so of course I had to click to see what it was all about. Glad I did! Great work!

1 Like

Love this!!! Perfect saying for a coffee/HP lover!

1 Like