Essential Oil Sources Suggestions?

Do you have a quality, affordable essential oil supplier that you love and can recommend?

I enjoy making melt-&-pour soaps and apothecary in general and have been searching essential oil sources. I get frustrated when I visit sites and have to wade through blends. I’m seeking an essential oils source(s) where the oils smell divine, have a good shelf life, are not expensive and where I can find lots of single oils rather than blends. I’ve read lots of feedback and like everything else every source has pros and cons.

I’ve bought a couple of oils from Gya Labs. I liked their price points and the scents were strong and long-lasting. At their website you can filter to single oils and they have carrier oils. Looks like free shipping is only available for orders of $70+. Their bad feedback mostly is that they don’t share the owners or who they are owned by.

SarahEverAfter compares 6 sources. From her summary, I favored this one: For a great balance of price, quality, selection, and education check out Plant Therapy. Their prices are affordable to me and I can filter to singles. They seem to offer free shipping to US buyers and there doesn’t seem to be a minimum. Cons include that only certain oils are available as certified organic and no free shipping outside of the US.

1 Like

@LovelyMiss makes soaps and candles. Maybe she has some ideas?

2 Likes

Hi @LovelyMiss. Do you have any recommendations for good, affordable essential oils? You were recommended to me by Bunny1kenobi Deanna.

1 Like

I have loved the products I’ve gotten from Brambleberry, which caters to soap makers. They are quality, and while I haven’t done a lot of price comparisons, I’ve found them affordable for my needs (just small amounts every time). https://www.brambleberry.com/shop-by-craft/soap-making/melt-and-pour/essential-oils Definitely sign up for their mailing list to get a 20% coupon when you’re ready to order! They have pretty regular seasonal sales, too. There’s also a running discount where if you buy 7 or more trial size essential oils you get 10% off (trial sizes are half an ounce). They offer REALLY important information about the safety of use for each oil (not all oils are safe for something like lip balm, for example, but might be fine for soap). My main con is they don’t often offer free shipping for regular orders. I think my shipping has usually been between about $9.00 - $18.00 for small - medium orders. It usually balances out with the discount code, but then it doesn’t really feel like a discount anymore!

1 Like

If it’s the same Brambleberry, I’ve seen some beautiful mica powders on their site. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Their mica is excellent! It’s so fine, vibrant, and shimmery. They are my primary source for soap and bath/body product making, and in almost 15 years of ordering (usually 1-2x per year), I’ve never had an issue or concern with quality or customer service. Totally recommend them without hesitation if they can meet your product needs!

1 Like