Every Kid Deserves Something with Their Name!

A friend of mine is smitten with this little guy named “Charlie”…he is the son of her best friend’s daughter…she often speaks of him with such joy. Over the holidays, she asked if I could make something she saw me post ages ago…name pillows! I had made quite a few over in the other place.

I had purchased a bundle of fat quarters with no projects in mind…but when she told me his last name was “Fox”, I knew what to do with at least a few of the pieces (the rest I sent off to fellow forest creature lovers here to use…)…

So, here is Charlie’s personalized pillow…it is shown stuffed with a queen size pillow, but a standard is what I would recomment.

It took a bit of fussy cutting, but I was very pleased with this little detail…

The back is a simple envelope style closure so that there are no buttons or anything that baby Charlie could pull off…(and kept me from having to put in a zipper…lol)

Charlie is probably too little to care, but I am sure his mama will be happy to have something with his name on it…sending to my girlfriend to give it to her…

36 Likes

Couldn’t agree more on the sentiment. And that fox detail is astounding!

3 Likes

lol I posted it to FB and now my brother wants one…it will be a short pillow…his name is Bob… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11 Likes

Sweet!

2 Likes

Awwww, so sweet of you and your friend! I LOVE that fussy cut “i”!

2 Likes

It’s adorable! I really like the fox fabric :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

The fox face in the “i” is pure perfection. This is adorable. The fox fabric is too cute.

1 Like

So sweet!

1 Like

The pillow is great, especially the fox! My daughters name is Talya so the only way she got her name on something was if it was made specifically for her.

3 Likes

Thanks, everyone…it was fun!

That is how I got started…so many people could not find things for their kids…I think now, you can order things specially made, like cups, key chains, etc. But I had family members with names that were not as common, so I made pillows or hangings for their rooms…I try to pick things of interest to them as well…like Frozen, Spiderman, Fishing, Steelers, etc. It makes it very personal…

Charlie lives in Nashville!

1 Like

This is really cool, and way to go on getting that amazing fussy cut fox dot on the I. This is really special.

This is really sweet xx

Thanks…the hedgehog fabric was part of this set…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Sooo amazing and the fussy cutting is so adorable!
My friend’s mom made me a pillowcase in 1994 using Animaniacs fabric because it was my favorite tv show at the time. She signed it with her name and the date and I still use it in my bed rotation today! It’s a little threadbare in places, but is still well loved 27 years later and it doesn’t even have my name on it. :slight_smile: He’s going to love it!!

2 Likes

Fabulous pillow!!!

I agree that every kid deserves something with their name … says this mom of two sons with unusual names. Never have found their names but I did have something custom made when they were little.

2 Likes

Talya is not an uncommon name here, so she could probably find some stuff with her name, if she didn’t mind it being in Hebrew :wink:

1 Like

I love everything about this pillow cover, especially the fox. I love it even more knowing it’s his last name!

1 Like

The fox dotted i is THE BEST!

1 Like

:point_right: WOOHOO! Your awesome project is a featured project this week! :point_left:

1 Like