Everyone needs squishy chunky beanies!

I have been using a hat I made for several years. Recently it disappeared, and I was getting frustrated at the lack of warmth of my backups (it’s the Midwest in Jan/Feb). I decided to search for a new pattern.

This one checked all the boxes - chunky yarn, top down, looks good with or without a pompom, squishy, lots of texture.

Mine’s the one on bottom. Then I made 2 more, kid sized! I changed the stitch on the brim because I like how hdc in the 3rd loop looks. The one with the blue brim was made according to the pattern. I like both looks, actually.

I resisted the urge to add a pom because I want to be able to wear my hood up. I will probably sew a button inside later so I can add a removable pom.

Pattern was here: https://daysck.com/crochet-for-days/chunky-spiral-crochet-beanie

17 Likes

These look so cozy and warm!

2 Likes

I wish I could reach through the screen and feel their squishiness! They look great; thanks for sharing the link.

2 Likes

Those look so cozy!

2 Likes

Squish is the best factor to have in a hat! Love the texture and it fits you perfect

3 Likes

Indeed, we all need at least one of those! And hey, a 5 Minute Walk Records hoodie! I forgot about them! (Late 1990s memories)

2 Likes

Those were the days! I still rock out to many of my cd’s in the car :laughing:

2 Likes

soooo squishy! Agreed, squish is the best factor! They all turned out cute!

2 Likes

These look so cozy!

2 Likes

Losing your favorite hat is the worst! I am glad you had the skills to make such a great replacement. It looks so comfy!

2 Likes

Those look like just the thing for a winter day (or night)!

1 Like

They all look so cozy! There’s nothing like a thick, chunky hat in these Midwest winters.

1 Like