Everyone P**ps, Even Skeletons - A Repaint Project

We have one little tiny water closet (toilet only) that I have decorated with silly potty humor items, made and found. I like to do seasonal decoration in there, too and this year I didn’t miss my chance to get a toilet/tombstone/skeleton figurine at Michael’s. Its paint job left a little to be desired, but of course it probably had the appropriate paint job for the price. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

BEFORE

So I covered it with grey house primer and then went to town using other craft paints on hand.

Started with greys on everything but the bones, ivory on the bones + black-brown in the eyes and nose holes of the main skull.

Next I glazed the whole thing in a warm brown, then added dried moss crushed in a mortar and pestle in some of the nooks and crannies.

Finally I added green glaze to darken the dried moss and give the overall effect of algae growing on the aged stone.

The last touches were gold leaf paint on the RIP and on one of the canine teeth of the “footrest skull.” I also put a tiny adhesive “gemstone” in the eye socket which had a bubble hole that looks like it may have been a manufacturer defect that just happened to be in the center.

28 Likes

I just assumed this was a MissyT project.
Lovely paint job!

1 Like

This is so cool!! When I saw the first picture I was really curious how you’d achieved that mossy look. Well, turns out is actual moss. It really adds to the “acient” look. Like it’s been in the cemetary for a century. The painting is so neatly done as well.

What a difference! I love that you went extra and primed the whole thing first, basically starting from scratch instead of just touching up what was already there. Going that extra mile really paid off and shows!

I wasn’t sure scale at first…I thought maybe it was a lawn decoration. :laughing:

Thanks, pals!

I love you. I. Just. Love. You. :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

:kissing_heart: Back atcha!

1 Like

I too saw the thumbnail and said to myself “this has got to be @TheMistressT!”

Awesome paint job and I love that even the toilet gets seasonal decor!

1 Like

I saw a moose antler serving platter today at a thrift store. Guess who came to mind?

3 Likes

Thanks! and BAHAHAHAAAA! Or maybe MWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

1 Like

This is awesome! I love your potty humor and this fits the bill PERFECTLY! Your paint job is stellar!

Awww, THANK YOU!

Hilarious and you did a great job on the paint.

1 Like

I’m not usually into skeletons but this would be perfect for my husband. Just yesterday, he sat in our washroom for so long that when he came out, I said I thought he’d died in there :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks, all!

:grimacing: :rofl:

4 Likes

So, maybe the RIP is meaningful… :rofl:

4 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:

If I’m not back in 20 min call the paramedics!

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:brown_heart: :skull_and_crossbones: Congratulations! This skele-tastic piece is a Featured Project this week! :skull_and_crossbones: :brown_heart:

2 Likes