Evil Dead-ish Cabin

Continuing my tiny “Kinda Halloween” houses as decor, I found a plastic Fisher Price cabin for a decent price on Facebook Marketplace and gave it a cabin in the woods makeover. It resembled the Evil Dead cabin enough to add some tiny card stock boards in the windows and some gauzy curtains. Just needs an Oldsmobile parked outside!

Here is the original:

And some progress pics:

I sprayed it with a matte black primer that worked with plastic and gave it several days to cure before adding lots of colorful highlights and lowlights with acrylic paint. Then I went over it several times with a dark brown/black wash of watered down acrylic. I might do a final spray with some matte shellac, but I don’t think my kids are gonna play with it much, and it wasn’t scratched when I reassembled it. It really comes alive with some battery operated tea lights at night!

19 Likes

What a transformation!

1 Like

How fabulous! Great job on the transformation.

1 Like

This is a fantastic re-imagining!

1 Like

THIS IS AWESOME!! One of my all time favorite movies is Evil Dead 2…

1 Like

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

1 Like

This is epic! I like this version of it MUCH better than the original!

1 Like

So cool and creepy! Very Evil Dead.

1 Like

Congrats! Your Evil Dead Cabin is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

1 Like

What a transformation! Really excellent, that will be so fun to put out each year. I love decorating for the seasons, we don’t go overboard but we do have some faves that have come down through the years that we look forward to unpacking and setting up. I can see this being a forever fave.

1 Like

I love it! It is better than the original.

1 Like

It’s wonderfully creepy!

2 Likes

What a great find! It’s perfect.

1 Like