Experimental chair fix

My hubby kind of leans to one side in his chair. The end result is that one chair arm always wears out faster than the other. The leather on this chair (which he’s only had about a year :flushed:) cracked on that arm a couple months ago, so he bought black duct tape and had me carefully patch it. Well, now the duct tape has split as well. So I got a piece of the thicker craft foam and some black fabric ( yay for stash!) and worked up a cover for the arm on his chair. We’ll see how long this one lasts. :wink:

13 Likes

Good fix! I reckon it should last longer than the duct tape fix :smiley:

2 Likes

Genius!

1 Like

I too have a “leaner” I’ll have to keep this is my back pocket for when his inevitably fails because this was a great fix!

1 Like

Wow! Maybe you’ll have to preinstall something like this on all future chair arms. Great idea and lovely that you got to use stash!

1 Like

The seat of the chair looks hardly used. He is a hard leaner, or has extra sharp elbows :grin:. At least with a cover, you can replace as needed. I make covers for my headset, the vinyl always wears out and is sweaty anyway.

There is something to those armchair slipcovers my mom always insisted on.

1 Like

Thanks, guys! I just kind of winged it. Certainly figured out what I would do differently next time! :laughing:

Resourceful fix!

1 Like

Great fix! Sounds like you’ll be an expert within a year! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Lol!!

Thanks, guys!

I’ll keep my fingers cross for you. It looks nice though.

1 Like

Thanks!!

I had a chair that looked just like this one. Donated it to our church for the sound booth and it didn’t take long for one side to start cracking from a leaner. I’m convinced it was the oil from his skin that caused the problem.

1 Like

Hmmm… that’s interesting @Cindy! That certainly could do it.

1 Like

I have an H&M recliner that is maybe 6 years old and it leans back and raises the footrest fine, Purchasee it from here when you push back more to get the back to go down into more of a reclined position, it goes down but then sits back up as soon as you stop pushing. It is like the spring or strut has too much pressure or something and won’t stay in the more reclined position. Anyone have any ideas on how I can go about fixing this?

1 Like

When something like that happens to my stuff the first thing I do is search lonline to see if others have had the same issue & how they fixed it, if they were able to.
Then I reach out to the manufacturer. They sometimes know about problems with their products already & offer solutions or even parts to solve the issue.
Good luck!

1 Like