Explore the Rock Painted Rocks

You wouldn’t say drawing/painting is intimidating to you. You did an excellent job!
And I love how your painted rocks will be used.

1 Like

I’m sorry you had such a hurtful/unjust experience with your grade school teacher. They were wrong and probably had dumb ideas about what qualifies as “art.” I’m glad you’ve kept nurturing your creativity and artistry :heart:

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your kind comments! You’ve made my week :blush:

1 Like

Of course the red squirrel pointing butt at the viewer cracked me right up & is my fave, what a card!

A friend once had a teacher instruct her kindergarten child to “colour in one direction” as an art critique. She printed off an image of the band One Direct & once coloured (in All sorts of little kid cross-hatch) sent it to school, ha!

My lovely daughter told me just this year that a teacher said the same thing to her. My daring little artist who is so brave with her creations, I was outraged! I needn’t have worried, she said she knew that was bs when she heard it.

@Lynx will make a great art teacher, she’s never going to discourage creativity in favour of conformity. Encouragement & creative freedom make all the difference in school!

2 Likes

This is such a great idea for a fun project to pretty up a backyard or neighborhood walking route. I need to try this for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like