Extreme Christmas Card 2023: Holiday Wishes

Extreme Christmas Card 2023: Silent Night

The envelope.

A few special people got the matching stamp .
Screenshot_20231210-105557

I made the cards to fit a business size envelope when folded this way.

They also fold once more into a square.

Unfolded, it can hang from the ribbon.

The other, green, color way.

Designed in CorelDRAW. Printed with registration marks, then cut with Silhouette Cameo. Hand scored, then folded. Patterned paper cut in squares and triangles, then glued to the matching sections.

23 Likes

Wow! This is a beautiful card. I love the paper used, how it folds out, and it has a ribbon! Lol, and quaking at the dog. How many people do you send it to?

I was pleased as punch last night to receive a text from a friend wondering where I got all my fun return address stamps and stickers and if we could be pen pals. All from a winter update letter. One of 60 some that I send.

5 Likes

The jokes, of course, are I WISH I were calm; I WISH I were bright; I WISH shepherds would quake at the sight of me.

I made 72 of this card. This is the A card–for people who’ve been “A” ROUND long enough to get the jokes.

5 Likes

I love it!

1 Like

:astonished: You folded all of those by hand? Wow! Lucky receivers.

2 Likes

Fabulous! I especially love how personalized it is to your family, with the posed photos, etc. Bet it is so fun for the recipients to receive and unfold. The papers are also very pretty! It must have taken a very long time to make 72 of those.

Edited to add:
The envelope is also quite fancy. Is this the first year you did something with the envelope? Love that even the STAMP coordinates with the theme!

2 Likes

@endymion The envelope has been part of it since…going back to look…yeah, since I got a computer/printer which was 1995. Only in the first few years were the envelopes not themed. Back then I handmade the envelopes from wrapping paper, however!

I love it when I can find a perfect stamp. The year of the spider card, I used spider stamps!

5 Likes

These are great and so personal. They would be the highlight of cards for the year.

1 Like

@gozer This is year THIRTY FIVE of ridiculous cards. Unbelieveable. Little did I know what I started back in 1989.

5 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this year’s A card. You put an amazing amount of work into this.

2 Likes

As always, AMAZING work! :heart:

1 Like

Just… WOW! Such thoughtful themes and construction - as usual!

I love it!! The coordinating envelope and stamp are so extra. Beautiful outside and so fun inside!!