Fabric Balloon Dog

A friend posted an art challenge on her Facebook where each week she’d give a color and participants were to make something inspired by that color. This is what I made for the color blue. I am a professional balloon twister so I thought it would be fun to make a balloon dog from my fabric scrap pile. I made the sections as tubes, cinched and stuffed them then sewed them all together. Then I added little scraps of fabric over the surface to create a more “scrappy” look.

38 Likes

What an adorable idea! He’s so cute and scrappy! Hey, Scrappy would be a great name for him! LOL!

2 Likes

That is such a funny idea! To use alternative materials for something else…love your scrappy balloon dog!!!

2 Likes

OMG… that’s epic! What a creative idea, to make a balloon animal out of fabric. I’m in love with it! Also, I was surprised to see the last picture, because I was thinking it was larger.

1 Like

It’s pretty close to “life-size” :laughing:

I like that idea. My kids will probably second the name. lol

1 Like

Thank you! I have actually seen a handful of “balloon dogs” made in everything from fabric to ceramics. I collect “balloon dog” sculptures so it seemed fitting to add one of my own design. :smile:

8 Likes

So very adorable and such a great way to use up fabric scraps!

1 Like

Utterly adorable!

1 Like

It’s fun!

1 Like

You are so friggin creative!

1 Like

This is just the coolest dog ever!

1 Like

OK that’s really cool, but can we talk more about you being a professional balloon twister. I’d like to hear that story!

2 Likes

This is fantastic! Did you use a pattern? Can you tell me where to find it? I have a friend in mind for one of these!

1 Like

This is an adorable hoot!

1 Like

lol, it certainly wasn’t what I thought I’d do when I grew up. :smiley: I learned how to twist balloons from a professional clown maybe 16 years ago. I also draw caricatures, as I learned those while in Las Vegas about18 years ago, I think.
Anyhow… To see that work, here is my Facebook page:

6 Likes

Oh my goodness!! Those are insanely cool and you are so talented!! Wow! How long did that clown car balloon take to make?

1 Like

Lol. A couple of hours. I made it while watching a movie the night before it was needed. The customer was tickled. A group of them went dressed as clowns for a business function.

This is the best!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The clown car really was awesome!

1 Like