Fabric Fetish

A lovely friend on Deadster gave me this fabric. Sadly, I don’t remember who it was or why it was given to me. (If it was you, let me know so I can say thank you!)

Anyway, it was love at first sight. I love the pattern, the colors, everything about it! :heart_eyes: It has sat in my stash being gazed at longingly for what feels like ages, however.

Until this week, when I decided enough was enough and I was going to step up and do something about this infatuation. So I did this:

It came out a bit shorter than I was comfortable with, so I added the satin band at the bottom. I’m so thrilled to finally have this in my wardrobe!

30 Likes

nice. The satin band adds an elegant touch.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Ooh, fabulous!! I think you’ll wear that a lot!

2 Likes

Cute skirt! I can see why you hoarded the fabric for so long - it’s great!

2 Likes

It’s beautiful! I love the fabric, and @steiconi is right, the satin band feels like the finishing touch. It kind of frames the fabric (if that makes any sense).

3 Likes

Agree with everyone else, the fabric band at the bottom really sets it off in a good way. Perfect choice.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

What a great way to use up some fabric you love! Now you’ll be able to enjoy it any time you wear this skirt. And I agree with all comments on the satin band, it’s a great finishing touch!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Oh that is pretty!!

1 Like

Thank you!!

This turned out gorgeous! You waited just the right amount of time.

1 Like

Thanks!

I guess I did! :blush:

1 Like

I love seeing you making all these projects with fabrics you love but haven’t used yet. This one is wonderful and that black sash at the bottom is fantastic. I really like it that way!

1 Like

Thank you!

:heartpulse: Oh boy, OH BOY! Your wonderful craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! WOOHOO! :heart_hands:

That is so pretty! I love the black sweater with the black band at the bottom. It really makes the fabric pop! GORGEOUS!

1 Like

Thanks, guys! :heart:

Lovely! I really like the addition of the satin band at the bottom, really pulls it together nicely! :smiley:

2 Likes