Fabulous yarn. Now what?

I got three skeins of this wild fringey pompom yarn. It makes me happy to look at it, but I have no idea what to use it for.

I don’t knit, crochet, or weave.

I don’t think I’d wear something made of it, and it’s not in colors I’d use to decorate my house.
I used a similar yarn for tassels on my studio curtains and love the effect, but don’t need pink.

What can I do with it? Maybe trim on a blouse or tote, but it’s kind of clown college.

Maybe I’ll just smile at it for a while, then give it away. Anybody got a use for it?

4 Likes

Ooooh, pretty! If it were mine, I might try to make a yarn-wrapped wreath for a Valentine’s decoration.

2 Likes

Oohh it’s lovely. I’d so wear a slouchy hat made from it.

2 Likes

It’s ok to just have yarn to look at and pet because it’s pretty.

3 Likes

Thanks for justifying my collection! Lol.

2 Likes

Wind it into balls and get a pretty glass bowl to put them in. Place bowl on coffee table and enjoy!

2 Likes

Great suggestions!
I have a big pink bottlebrush tree in my holiday decorations box. It might look great with a garland of this yarn.
So that’s about a yard claimed.

I have three 50g balls. Because, you know, I couldn’t just buy one, had to have them ALL. Especially since they were only 50¢ each. They’re about $7 each on eBay!

I used a similar yarn as one strand of some handspun yarn (the other strand, green, was spun by me), with the bobbles popping out like berries on a vine. Branching off from that idea, you could make a really cute twine by twisting this up with white or black crochet thread. Kind of like a mashup of striped baker’s twine and pom-pom trim. No tools needed, just twist the night away.

Another possibility would be to incorporate long strands into a Rapunzel scarf or a similar no-knit scarf, with other scraps of various complimentary yarns.

Some yarns look better as a skein/ball than as a finished product, and I think that’s definitely the case with these. They’re so delightful in and of themselves! And you can’t beat the price…

1 Like

I’m a sucker for all these types of novelty yarn, especially when my local Tuesday Morning puts them on clearance. I usually end up double strand knitting them with a solid yarn that matches. I make a scarf or hat, then give it to someone who I know would enjoy it. My niece has been a frequent recipient. Right now my stash is loaded up with them just waiting for inspiration. :laughing:

2 Likes