Face masks

There are so many free patterns and tutorials for face masks out there and it took me a while to decide for one. The front is cotton and the back molleton. Luckily I had kept a whole bunch of molleton sheets from when the kiddos where babies.

14 Likes

At least they are not so scary for the kids…lovely prints for a sad time.

4 Likes

I looked up molleton and still don’t really understand what it is…

I have spent most of the day watching how-to videos and I still can’t decide what sort of masks to make, ugh! I tried the HK mask pattern, it is not my favourite. There are just too many styles, I am going to have to mash together the elements I liked best from a few of them to make my own.

4 Likes

Great job!

2 Likes

I thought it was close to fleece?

2 Likes

Yes, exactly! Molleton is the word I found in an online dictionary. Sorry, it was late - I checked again. We say “Molton” in German and obviously you can say molton cotton in English too.

1 Like

It looks like this

I put it in the crib to cover the mattress because it absorbs liquids quite well. And it’s soft.

2 Likes

I love the colorful elastic, too! Great details!

2 Likes

Beautiful masks! The molleton looks like gauze, very soft and airy. I wonder if this is what we call moleskin …?

Those are positively charming, and I love that your elastic matches the pattern on the fabric!