Fall Vegas Wedding Quilt

I had this quilt on my bucket list of “to make” for so long, I forgot I had purchased the pattern and almost bought it again!
I decided after getting engaged in March that I needed to make it for my own wedding, since none of my friends that got wedding quilts from me are quilters, and quilters gotta quilt! I’m usually a Moda Grunge Girl, but when we got Northcott Canvas & Glisten in at my work and the colors were just next level (and sparkly!) I knew they were going to be exactly what I wanted. I loved how this pattern took the traditional-ness of the double wedding ring but made it more modern. Plus, no curves to battle!

It also made the perfect splash of color to our gift & guestbook table and has transformed in to a very cuddly quilt with Shannon Fabrics Cuddle on the back!

Pattern: Vegas Wedding Quilt by Pen + Paper Patterns: PDF Vegas Wedding Quilt Pattern – Pen and Paper Patterns

21 Likes

Ooh ooh OOH! GORGEOUS!

1 Like

Congratulations on your marriage! What a perfect occasion for making this quilt! I’m impressed that you managed to get it done while planning a wedding. I love how it added such a beautiful pop of color to your gift table and that backing looks sooo cozy. I think I need some cuddle fabric for the back of my next quilt!

What a stunner! Congratulations on your marriage and on making such a lovely quilt to mark your union and decorate the event!

Beautiful and so vibrant. The best wedding present ever!

Beautiful! Isn’t it difficult to quilt using such a fabric as a backing? I’m sure it does make the quilt even more cuddly. And congratulations on your wedding, I’m amazed you managed to find time to make your own wedding quilt.

Its actually not too bad! I quilted it on my long arm, which helped a lot with keeping the layers together. Otherwise, 505 basting spray is the best when quilting with minky on a domestic machine :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Congratulations on your wedding and a beautiful quilt! Also, I just saw this pop up on my YouTube feed. It was nice learning more about the process.

2 Likes

Lovely! And it’s perfect because it’s exactly what you wanted!

Ooh! Congrats on the wedding and for making such a gorgeous, functional piece of art that can be snuggled under for years to come!

1 Like

:horse: :cowboy_hat_face: :cow2: YeeeeEEEHAWW! Your super great craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :horse: :cowboy_hat_face: :cow2:

1 Like

Wow, this is gorgeous!! Congratulations! And yay for making something for yourself too!

1 Like