Fallen Officer quilt made by my mom

I invited my mom, @tdwise76 to join Lettuce Craft. So far she has only visited once. I think she is still trying to figure out how to navigate the site and decide if this group is for her. I KNOW it is, so I’m going to show off her amazing work. I think when she sees how kind and supportive all of you are then she will be more active.

There are several law enforcement officers in my family. Through those connections, my mom started making fallen officer quilts. When an officer dies in the line of duty law enforcement agencies send mom patches, she puts them together in a quilt, then gives the quilt to the officer’s family.

Last year a K9 dog in the neighboring county died when his patrol car was in an accident. This is the quilt my mom made. Isn’t she amazingly talented and generous? My mom rocks. :slight_smile:

27 Likes

If I could “heart” this project multiple times, I’d do it in a heartbeat!

Your mom ROCKS, no doubt :metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2:

She is very talented and a heart full of love, creating such beautiful quilts for such a great cause!

Please hug your mom for me, it is amazing what she does and she really should join this Crafters family!

4 Likes

This is AMAZING! Your mom is amazing, too! Such a wonderful, thoughtful gift of love!

1 Like

Beautiful, and so heartful! The recipients will greatly appreciate these gifts.
@tdwise76 come and play with us, and share your skills!

1 Like

What a generous spirit your mom has! The quilt is great and she should be very proud of it!

1 Like

Oh this a so wonderful!

1 Like

This quilt is beautiful! Not only to look upon, but to learn about. I just know that every family that receives one cherishes it.

1 Like

You all are so kind! This is just a tiny sliver of the generosity my mom expresses through her crafts. @tdwise76 and her church friends make quilts for a children’s home, she sews for her grandkids and a few honorary grandkids, she taught me, my sisters, and cousins to sew, and if she sees someone in need she immediately finds a way to help. She has the most generous heart of anyone I know. :purple_heart::blue_heart:

2 Likes

I heart your mom, @tdwise76 already!

1 Like

AWHHH!!! This is wonderful! <3

Your mom sounds amazing … generous, tender hearted and talented … someone we can all aspire to be like.

1 Like

Your mom is beyond awesome!
The fallen officer quilts are so special.
So glad she decided to join our community…can’t wait to see more of her work :slight_smile:

1 Like

So beautiful and so kind and generous!

Such an amazing thing to do, memories will live on for a long time with the patches. The quill looks amazing, and I hope that eventually she’ll figure the site out and come by more often :slight_smile: