Family of Dragon Pillows

After making my Flock of Rainbow Dragon Loveys for our nearly-here daughter, I was still hung up on the Spoonflower artist’s other prints, including her dragon pillows. I asked if she knew how big her 2 different pillow sizes sewed up when finished and mentioned that I’d love to sew a family of three dragons. I wondered if she had any plans to make the pillow design in other colors, because her dragon print already comes in a ton of beautiful colors.

She said she liked the idea of alternate colors, and would add more to her shop in a couple days. She ended up altering the 1-yard design, so it would hold 3 cut-and-sew dragon pillows in 3 sizes to be a little family! She put it out in new colorways, some with each of the family member the same, and some with each a different coordinating color. I can’t say enough nice things about this designer. She was so thoughtful and kind. Because I loved so many of the colors she chose, I ended up ordering 2 sets of the pillows, so I can mix and match between dragon family member colors. When I cut out the ones I wanted to make, I decided to just do all 6 in the 2 panels. Might as well make a mess with minky and poly-fill just once, right? The set above is for my daughter.

Even though they are just a basic cut-on-line and stitch together project, I love how they came out. They are so soft, and the colors are beautiful. Only problem? Now I have a spare family of dragons! Anyone need a pillow family? The dad & baby are dark bluish-purple, and mom is a sapphire blue. The baby is about 7.5"x10" and big poppa is about 18"x24".

23 Likes

These are soooo just-right! Very cute, but not merely cute and such vibrant colors!

3 Likes

I love all of these colourful baby accessories you’re making… the dragons are a perfect addition!

3 Likes

Such cute designs and beautiful colours, they will fit in beautifully with all the things that you have made for your daughter.

2 Likes

Love all the cuddly dragons! It’s so great that the designer was willing to make just what you wanted!

2 Likes

Right?!?! Wasn’t she incredibly generous? I seriously cannot say enough good things about her. So creative and talented, and so responsive to folks.

2 Likes

Adorable, such beautiful colours. This is one super colourful nursery! Down with pastel, yay jewel!

2 Likes

When I first looked at these, it took me a minute to focus on these pillows as actually in the cot. They looked like animation in a live action scene.

2 Likes

They are so pretty! A spare dragon family sounds like a great problem to have :slight_smile:

What type of fabric did you select? I have only ever gotten cotton prints from spoonflower and have wondered how well the others come out.

1 Like

It’s minky. Incredibly soft and cuddly.

1 Like

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor! Amazing work as always!

1 Like

These are super cute and I love how the design almost makes them look 3-D. It was super cool of the designer to help you and add more colors and pillow designs. Sounds like a fun experience. These turned out adorable.

1 Like