Fandom toques

Gathering my courage to post not-food!

Most years, I do some winter knitting for my boys (7, 11, and 13). Not just toques, but often :slightly_smiling_face:.

We are a pretty geeky family, and these are some of what have accumulated.

ETA: TARDIS and Team Stark are free Ravelry patterns. Creeper and pokeball are basic toques I tweaked; so is the stormtrooper one, but the stormtrooper chart is a Ravelry find as well.

22 Likes

Very cool!

Holy macaroni, you are a yarn wizard! Those are incrediballs, wow.

I just learnt a new word! Toque :relaxed:

These are AMAZING! Knitting patterns and pictures just seems like it must be wizardry to me :see_no_evil:

Toque (Tooke!) is a French Canadian word, lol. Sometimes people look at us like we are from another planet when we say the colloquial stuff that comes out of Quebec, or Newfoundland, lol. We have some fun lingo in this country :smiley:

4 Likes

Thatโ€™s a lot of super cool toques!

Iโ€™m so glad you sounding it out phonetically for me, in my head I was reading it the same as โ€˜tokeโ€™ :speak_no_evil: I think because of โ€˜baroqueโ€™ :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

As soon as I saw โ€œtoqueโ€ I knew you were Canadian! I have gotten out of the habit of Canadianisms after being being in the US for so long!

That being said, you have some really amazing designs there!! Very impressive!

1 Like

Wow, what a great collection!

@Abbeeroad have you seen these beauties?

2 Likes

The chart: Ravelry: Star Wars Charts pattern by Sarah Bradberry

2 Likes

I hadnโ€™t seen these! Omg the R2s!! We just watched the latest Boba Fett episode, tooโ€ฆthe nostalgia is strong.

So much love for a geeky family @Gallifrey!! Love the Minecraft one tooโ€ฆI just reassembled a bunch of my sonโ€™s old Minecraft legos with my daughters. :laughing:

Thanks for bringing to my attention @Magpie! :smile:

4 Likes

Thatโ€™s an amazing collection!
I bet your boys love them!

I have an Enderman one in the works for youngest :smiling_face:. May have to remake it in small, though; itโ€™s turning out huge!

1 Like

Ooooo!

THE HEAD MUST ALSO REPRESENT ALL THE FANDOMS!!!

I love so much about these! My sister gifted me with the Jayne Cobb hat and, YEARS later, it is still my favorite. I know they will feel the same.

1 Like

The tardis one is totally awesome.