Farmer's Market Honey Display

Here’s a fun little miniature project set inside a house shrine.

I got resin supplies for my birthday this year and honey bears are the first project I tackled. I got a resin gummy bear freebie with my purchase and made my own mold. The lids are made from metal beads and toothpick ends painted red.

I dipped the hanging candles in beeswax from our hives. Of course there are a few blue ribbons included in the display!

23 Likes

This is so amazing! Are all the candles made from your bees?

Thanks! The flower shaped on next to the honey bears is from our beeswax. The honeycomb ones are made from bits of hive foundation. The short ones on the bottom left are polymer clay.

1 Like

How cool! Do you have a farm stand in real life?

1 Like

I love all of the attention to detail. The little squeezy bear honey bottles slay me. :honeybee: :bear:

1 Like

Thanks! I used to sell our honey at the local farmer’s market, along with other farm goodies.

2 Likes

Thank you, I giggled the entire time I was making them!

1 Like

This rocks. The honey bear is a local (San Francisco) icon and the artist lives here. He does a lot for charity and when the stay-at-home order first went into play in March, he sent out prints of the honey bears so folks could “hunt” for them.

There is a house near my neighborhood that has a bear painted on the outside. BTW, the artist’s name is fnnch.

2 Likes

This is so sweet (pun intended) that I can hardly bear it (pun, also, intended). I love all the little details down to the background design and the adorable blue ribbons!

1 Like

Aww, thanks for sharing this!

Thank you! We actually have some county fair blue ribbons for our sourwood honey!

2 Likes

I love everything about bees and I love everything about this!

1 Like

such clever craftsmanship! i adore your work.

1 Like

I love this! It is so fun!

1 Like

Your little honey bear bottles are ON POINT lady! Freakin’ adorable.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted a hive and to learn how to keep bees. I have always been fascinated by bees. My son when he was little had horrible allergies and was on medications and steroids and they weren’t helping. Anyway my neighbor suggested I give him local pollen and honeycomb and within 3 weeks he was off meds.
I love your project and am so envious of your bees.

1 Like

The honey bears are just so cute! Once again, a unique and fun project…and, I do remember your beehives and the different trees you had for various types of honey…

1 Like

Everything about this is fabulous! Beautiful work.

We’re out in farm country and I’m always telling my boys how wonderful and important bees are (usually when they see a wasp - or a fly :joy: - and get spooked). So, now my 4-year old wants to get a hive of his own.

1 Like

Congrats! Your Farmer’s Market Honey Display is a featured project for this week! :honey_pot: :honeybee: :honey_pot:

1 Like

Thanks so much!