This mask is very no fog :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here are several masks I made from this pattern

So far I made:

• Size XS w/o nose wire for my 4 yo daughter
  • Size S w/o nose wire for my 9 yo son
  • Size S w/ nose wire for my 11 yo son
  • Size M w/o nose wire for myself

They are so quick to sew up compared to all the other patterns I tried (and Iโ€™ve tried a lot) I love making them and we are all really happy with the fit.

Next up will be size L w/ nose wire for my best friend.

6 Likes

Fabulous work! Youโ€™ve done a great job choosing fabrics, and did you hand paint the faces? Nice!

Wow, this topic won some sort of best-of/most popular award for 2020 (of course, a thread about mask making!).

Thank you @kittykill for sending me this fun stuff!

I feel like all you prolific mask makers deserve the credit so thanks to all of you for using your creativity for good!

14 Likes

My sister got her COVID vaccines wearing masks I made using your excellent tutorials. She said that she tried a lot of masks and these fit her the best. I am making her a few more since she lost her favorite when it must have fallen out of her car somewhere!

You deserve to be recognized for all of the testing and fine tuning you did to make this necessary accessory wearable and functionalโ€ฆa lot of people are alive and safe thanks to all of the mask makers and wearers

Well deserved, my friendโ€ฆwell deserved!
nancy

9 Likes

Agreed! Congratulations, @Magpie! You did put so much love and effort and work and creativity into these patterns and photo instructions. Thank you!

3 Likes

Congratulations! Your pattern has become my go-to! I just made five this week for a dear friend. Thank you for this gift you have given all of us!

4 Likes

As usual I am late to the party but this is hands down the best mask pattern Iโ€™ve used. I was amazed at how quick it came together

2 Likes

Yay! So happy the pattern and instructions are easy to use. That was just what I intended when I set out to refine all the things I liked about other styles, leaving off all the things I did not like. Iโ€™m very glad this has been helpful to others :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Guess weโ€™re not quite finished with these yet.

3 in grey for my boy who is working in grocery.

4 Likes

Iโ€™m glad you bumped this thread. Iโ€™m going to be traveling in 2 weeks and need some comfortable masks I can wear for 5-6 hours at a time. The ones I made previously are fine for short grocery shopping trips but the elastic starts to hurt my ears after 20 min or so. I bought a few masks from the store to try and theyโ€™re all huge on me. Thinking Iโ€™ll salvage the adjustable jersey ear loops from them and try your pattern this weekend.

1 Like

The most comfy ear elastic Iโ€™ve tried is thin strips of pantyhose. Itโ€™s super soft & stretchy, much more gentle than elastic & thinner than jersey so less pressure behind the ear. I really like it.

1 Like

Oooo I think I might have a pack of pantyhose in my drawer thatโ€™s sat in the package for the last decade. I knew I was keeping it for something!

4 Likes

I legit snort-laughed at that.

Because I,too, have such a pair! :laughing:

4 Likes

Donโ€™t we all?

3 Likes

I like the masks with ear elastic just fine for short trips, but over the head style is more comfy for long periods. I modified to include zip ties for singing. Take the zip ties out for laundering.

lo

5 Likes

Really clever!!!