Father’s Day mugrugs and coasters

My hubby has a habit of putting folded up paper napkins under his glass. I end up with little squares of paper napkins everywhere he sets a drink down. Most often this happens at his desk and on his nightstand. So I made some mugrugs for the nightstand and coasters for the desk (there’s less space on the desk). I made two of each so that some can be in the laundry while others are in use. They are reversible and made with some awesome upholstery samples I’ve been hoarding.

19 Likes

I like this idea! That’s a good size for the small mugrug. My husband doesn’t even bother with a folded up napkin so we get sticky rings on everything instead…

1 Like

Love it, what a great gift for the neat freaks, I know I am! :joy::heart_eyes: great stuff!

1 Like

What a great idea! And, you chose some great neutral fabrics to make them more masculine-looking. Good idea to make an extra set, too. I have some upholstery samples to use up, and I am adding mug rugs to the list of things I can make with them. Thanks for the inspiration!

1 Like

These are great! I love the fabrics you chose (and busted out of stash purgatory!) and that you made one to use, one to launder. I’m a big fan of that strategy myself.

1 Like

Thanks, guys! They aren’t perfect but they’ll do the trick!

Those are fantastic! Your fabric choices are * chef’s kiss* perfect!

1 Like

Thanks!

Love this!

1 Like

Great gift idea…for him and you! ha ha ha Saves the furniture and he will remember where his drink is!

Lovely fabrics…nice use of stash!

1 Like

These are excellent. I have fabric samples… somewhere. :roll_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I will also add this idea to my list. My husband has some ceramic coasters, but I would love fabric ones for our bedroom. Did your husband love them? Or better yet, is he using them? :grin:

1 Like

Nice! I like the fabrics too.

1 Like

Yes, he loved them and he is using them!! :grin:

Thanks for the kind words, guys!!

3 Likes

Stylish! Great way way to make the most of small bits of special fabric.

1 Like

Your Father’s Day mugrugs and coasters are one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

1 Like

Great idea, makes me want to make some! But it’s so dry here, there’s no condensation on glasses. Maybe I should move…

1 Like

These are great. Neat use of the fabrics. And you had some nice fabric samples too!

1 Like

Thank you!!:heart:

Awesome (and definitely useful!) gift idea!

1 Like

Thanks!!