Faucet handle rack

I love old rusty things. I’ve seen several faucet handle coat racks and I love the look. I scoped out these colorful and slightly rusty faucet handles to make my own. I don’t need a coat rack but I figured I could hang it on the wall and find a use for it eventually.

It’s made from reclaimed wood stained with unicorn spit and sealed with Helmsman Spar Urethane clear gross.

I drilled holes in the wood and used steel binding posts and a metal spacer to attach the faucet handles.

Easy peasy. :grinning: Now I just need to figure out where to hang it.

37 Likes

So cute, great colors!

2 Likes

Really nice and unusual…it would work as a scarf holder …and even hats! What a wonderful way to display a collection…pretty and functional!

3 Likes

Oh…great idea! I do love scarves. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Neat! Love all the colors.

1 Like

I love this. It looks really unusual.

Talk to me about unicorn spit. I’ve seen amazing furniture painted with it, and people talking about how great it is. Is it really so different from any other paint/stain? Because it seems to be expensive and come in small amounts.

3 Likes

Very awesome! Someday I’d love something like this.

2 Likes

I can’t really tell from just this project. It’s the first time I’ve used it. Everything I see on the internet raves about it so I thought I’d try it. But I’m not sure I do enough wood staining to really know if it’s special or not. It is definitely different than paint but whether it’s different than other stains…no clue. The colors are really vibrant though and saturated. A little goes a long way and it’s jasmine scented which I found strange, not bad, just strange. Heh.

1 Like

I love all the reclaimed and reused pieces. And now that you have hooks, you will find something to hang in them!

2 Likes

Super cool! It would make a neat necklace holder. I’d want those groovy handles to show so not hats but scarves would be great.

2 Likes

I love this! I have some similar projects with old faucet handles on my pinterest so it’s extra cool to see one by a LettuceCrafter!

3 Likes

It turned out great!

2 Likes

Great job. I love the color mix. And Unicorn Spit stain is awesome. I did a set of chairs for my kitchen table with it, and I smile every time I pass the purple monstrosities. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

:point_right: WOOHOO! Your awesome project is a featured project this week! :point_left:

1 Like

This is really neat and quirky looking. I think scarves would show it off beautifully!

2 Likes

This is sooo much fun! What an awesome statement piece.

1 Like

Great idea, I love the look of it. I have something similar and hang necklaces on it.

1 Like

Congrats! Your project was one of the best of 2021! You are awesome!

1 Like