Faux deer taxidermy

The colors! And the folded ears! And scrappiness! You are one talented maker!

2 Likes

Awww, thank you. I’m really getting hooked on faux taxidermy.

1 Like

While walking the dogs, it got me thinking about other creatures this could be done with. I mean, pretty much any, I guess. But what would be the most FUN?? Haha! You have sparked something!

2 Likes

Goats are my favorite farm animal. That would be fun! Instructables has patterns for an elephant and a giraffe. I also saw one on Pinterest of a shaggy Scottish Highland cow. I would also like to try a big moose. Really, the possibilities are endless!

In love Instructables! They taught me how to draft an animal pattern from a toy! And how to screenprint!

A Scottish highland cow!!! Squeee!!! And a goat? Both excellent!

Also, there are many basic full body animal patterns on Pinterest, from Russia. With zero directions, because they are like, FIGURE IT OUT, OR YOU DON’T REALLY WANT IT.

Came back to say, there are so many! I agree, the possibilities are endless!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip on the Russian patterns. I bet I could figure them out.

1 Like

I love the look of this project and that you used scraps. Sometimes it is so hard to part with them. You really turned this into something super unique and cool.

2 Likes

My sister received the deer a few days ago. She put it outside of her art classroom for all her little middle schoolers to enjoy. That makes my heart so happy. :heart:

2 Likes