Faux deer taxidermy

Taxidermy deer for my sister. I used this free pattern. I shrunk the pattern down. I’m not sure how far. I selected 2 pages to each sheet of paper when I printed off the pattern.

23 Likes

Very cool!

1 Like

How long did it take you to make?

2 Likes

The decorative stitching took several hours. The rest of the head - maybe 2 hours? I got interrupted a lot by my kids. It probably would have gone a lot faster if I wasn’t so distracted. The pattern recommends building a support on the inside. I made an L-shaped support by rolling up a padded mailing envelope.

1 Like

Very cool! I love the colors you chose!

2 Likes

This is simply fantastic! I love the antlers and your scrappy fabric choices are on point!

2 Likes

Cool!

1 Like

Wow, I love him - he is fantastic!

1 Like

So dang cool! I love how there are some wonderful details without it feeling fussy.

2 Likes

Ooooh I’m jealous. It looks great!

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words, my friends. I think this deer has finally exhausted my stash of scrap blues green, and purple fabric. The pattern came together easily. Now I’m tempted to make a full size version.

3 Likes

These are really cool! I love all your taxidermy heads!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I actually think this pattern is easier than the rabbit pattern I used before. I’m kind of hoping there is someone out there that would like to swap for a deer head so I have an excuse to make another one. :smiley:

2 Likes

I really like this so much!

1 Like

I’m sure there will be someone! I’d say ME! Except, I know I won’t have time to make you something equally as epic once school starts up again.

1 Like

I understand…this school year has been bonkers. Let me know if you change your mind. We could do a swap with a really long crafting period. I hope your second semester is fantastic!

1 Like

If nobody else stakes a claim, we definitely could. I need to be careful- I have vacation brain right now, so everything is possible! But, we’re going to get hit with another change when we start back, which will require yet another adjustment to how I run my classes, so I don’t want to overcommit :slight_smile:

1 Like

This came out amazing!!!

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS! This has been chosen as one of this week’s Featured Projects.

2 Likes

Thank you. :heart: