Faux Mummified Bat Friend

So I knew about this tutorial and I got ahold of one of these bat skeletons this year! Here’s the tutorial: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D33MoLF2ZaYY&ved=2ahUKEwix2IG81OLrAhXNKs0KHYaGCCoQwqsBMAB6BAgHEAM&usg=AOvVaw0sPDIQdhOnH3A8zz1xhCKY

Instead of the latex I used the method he used in the mummified fairy tutorial with some press-and-seal which actually worked even better! I also mixed some brown paint in some modge podge and coated the whole thing with it. It makes it more stable.

Here’s the original dollar store skeleton:

Annndd more pics:

23 Likes

This is amazing!!! I want one and now I have my fingers crossed that they will still have some of these!!! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Its still so early so i think it’ll be likely! Are you going to try the tutorial?

1 Like

Well, that definitely helps with the “why does my bat skeleton have ears???” problem.

3 Likes

Whoa! Dude! This is rad.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d love to try the tutorial!

1 Like

WOW! Very cool! This gives me so many horrible ideas!

Right? I think this might help me with this year’s “offender” the Octopus Skeleton!

2 Likes

Octopus skeleton??? Day-ummmmm…

1 Like

I was part of a conversation where we decided the spider & octopus skeletons must be what bone necromancers do to use up spare parts. Still doesn’t explain the ears, tho. :laughing:

1 Like

HAHA! Brilliant! I mean, I understand why they put ears on the dogs and cats, because otherwise it’ll be hard for most people to know what kind of skeleton they’re looking at, but a bat? I think I am now totally going to get an octopus and mummify or zombify it.

2 Likes

This is positively creepy, just the right stuff for Halloween :bat:

1 Like

Whoa! Super creepy (in a good way) Halloween decoration! :slight_smile: :bat:

1 Like

I love the guy who did the tutorial. I’m a fan of his style and his content. I’ve jumped in and made a few of his projects. I love your take and great insight on the press and seal! :smiley:

1 Like

Lmfao I have such a problem with the spider, octopus, and scorpion skeletons. :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, I bought a spider skeleton, laughing the whole time. It’s Halloween- all kinds of other unrealistic creatures get free reign, why not spider skeletons? :woman_shrugging:

I was just about to say something about the ridiculous octopus or spider skeletons,! Ha!

1 Like

Man, I got rid of mine a couple years ago. My sis would have loved this.

1 Like

Congrats! Your Faux Mummified Bat is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

2 Likes

You took this to a whole new level! Awesome!

2 Likes

I’d never seen an octopus skeleton. The ones that came up in google were really clunky looking.

I once did a mermaid skelly, so I’m not gonna judge the reality aspect.

1 Like