Feature Request - Show pictures posts only

Is there a way when viewing a topic to see only the posts with pictures? Like when viewing a swap gallery thread, we were able to click “show images only” and only see the posts in that thread that contained a photo. Or an advanced search on a thread? (IS there an advanced search??) Nevermind this part, I found the advanced search, but the rest of the question stands so far. :slight_smile:

If there is not a trick to doing this, I would love to see that feature added here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, I found a way, sort of. If you do an advanced search, you can choose “includes images” from the section “Only return topics/posts…”, but the results are a list of links to click on. Which is somewhat helpful, but not the same as viewing a thread of post with only the pictures.

Still looking! :slight_smile:

I wanted to post this! I think it’s a great idea for the craftalong posts and future swaps!

1 Like

I would like this also!

1 Like

I agree. I’m finding it a bit challenging to wade through the new project posts, and discussion posts when I go to the “Latest Topics” page. Even the “New” page shows both, when sometimes I just want to see what new projects have been posted.

I know you can go to each board and look them up individually, but I miss having one place where I can see all new projects within the last 10 days or something.

1 Like

I think this is a different request (newly posted projects vs show only posts w/ images w/in a thread) but I would like to have both!

1 Like

I think it had been years since I missed a single post on the old site because the first thing I would check was the All New Replies button. I miss that function and the show all new images function the most.

1 Like

Have you used the Unread tab? https://forum.lettucecraft.com/unread

I have, and it’s handy. You’ve done a wonderful job working to create a space that will be craft and crafter friendly here.
The function you mention doesn’t show a preview of what was posted or by whom (the new post I mean) as I’m used to. It’s an adjustment, I’m finding ways to work the system but of course after so many years you get so familiar with how something functions and you’ll always miss a few things.

1 Like

Not opposed to this. It is especially quite handy for long Swap Galleries, or to easily see if someone else has posted another version of a project within a tutorial thread. You can search within a topic by specifying with:images but I don’t believe that search option yields a thumbnail list of results. Making note of this!

An equivalent to “Recent with Pictures” probably won’t be top of my list, though. As much as I personally loved that feature (I mean, who doesn’t looking through a photo album??), I think it was actually detrimental to the Discussion & Question boards longterm. When we used Google Analytics on Cster, I could see behavior paths on the site and that button most often led to just scrolling (viewing) and then bailing. D&Q traffic decreased drastically when it was introduced.

2 Likes

Ahh, I gotcha now. I wasn’t mentally connecting unread replies AND previews together in one feature. Sometimes I just need a little more explanation to get there. :smile:

PS. I like when I happen into a thread where the birds are posting. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Oh, of course you would have been analysing all that background info. As a user, our experience would be so individual, we’d have no idea about trends etc. I personally used functions to make sure I didn’t miss anything and could sprinkle comments in all the topics, lol. The images only function for me was handy in reviewing or searching for something specific. Like when planning g a new swap, I’d want to look through previous galleries. Or when stalking a swap partner, I’d see what sort of things they made themselves so I could craft them something different.

2 Likes

Totally understand! And some of the galleries are sooo long. :raised_hands: The image option is really great for those. I think I could make it happen with minimal customization. Not immediately, but I can see it being an implementation in the not too distant future.

I’ll keep chewing on the other (full site version). I might split this topic to separate the two requests. Easier to follow feedback that way.

2 Likes

I am straight up nerd. I love stats and trends and geekery. :nerd_face:

1 Like

That would be awesome, thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: too funny

I really love seeing their avatars together! :laughing:

2 Likes