February is Heart Health Awareness Month--Red Hats for Babies

The knitting guild I joined is really big into doing all sorts of charity events. For our January meeting, we are all knitting baby hats to donate to our local hospital’s neonatal unit. They put hats on all the babies in February, one, because it is Valentines, but two, mainly to increase heart health awareness.

There are many events that month from teaching people to eat more heart healthy foods to exercise and stress management classes. It really is a community wide event, so we really want to make sure all the babies/toddlers have red hats.

So far, I have made six (one is crochet since I was tired of doing the same pattern over and over). I have one more skein of red left, so I will probably get six more done before the January deadline!

12 Likes

These are darling!

1 Like

These are so cute. And heck yeah for doing something different with your new guild!

1 Like

Cute, cute, cute! Love the variety of patterns.

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

These are going to look so cute on the babies. You picked a great, bold red. And i love that you are doing so many wonderful events with your guild!

1 Like

We were asked to use a specific yarn since that yarn company is sponsoring the event…the company has the word “red” in it…Red Heart Supersaver or Red Heart Baby

2 Likes