Felt Badge Swap Rd2 - S/O june 21

thanks for the input!
also @gozer and @Camelama

4 Likes

My problem is, my imagination always goes way overboard. I had to sit myself down tonight & remind myself I am making a small felt badge, not a giant wall-hanging! Nor a 3D figure! And that means I have to discard some exciting ideas because no, it will not fit in a small felt badge. Nor that idea, nor that one, that one, nor …. Yeah. Sometimes it is tough for my brain to give up on what it considered a challenge.

3 Likes

I had June 19th as the send out date and I forgot that is a national holiday (US) and the post office will be closed. I have extended the send out date to June 21.

6 Likes

Oh! Good call! Thanks.

2 Likes

There is no good reason not to make those ideas too, while you’re at it. Grab that inspiration! Create some card fronts, fabric pages, bag panels, adult merit badges, wall art. You won’t regret it, I promise.

I have my idea & just need some time to myself to sit & cut felt. The stitching is transportable & can go anywhere with me after that. Car craft, yay!

6 Likes

That’s a good point. I have my felt cut, I only need a few more stitches. I think I will pack it up and bring it with me to work tomorrow to work on during my lunch break. I am so close to finishing!

4 Likes

Yeah, trust me, no encouragement needed. There are sooooooo many more ideas than i could possibly create in multiple lifetimes. :wink:

4 Likes

I definitely need a template, so I am a sketch then cut up sketch person. I got the main elements down during our zoom, now working on some embellishments and detail work…hoping it elevates things to be a bit closer to the image in my head…

4 Likes

Right? So many ideas, lol. It’s overwhelming.

3 Likes

Oops sorry, reading back, my reply sounds kind of snippy - truly wasn’t! I was laughing at the mountain of ideas in my head & only (mumble mumble doing age math) so many years left. :wink:

6 Likes

I didn’t read it like that, no worries! I assume everyone here is just as friendly & awesome as I imagine :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

My badge is done! Now I kind of wish I took two partners, lol…note to self for next time…

Now it’s just a matter of writing a note and getting it in the mail! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Ha! Gotcha!

2 Likes

Yay! More felt fun! :grin:

2 Likes

Nearly there, I have a final step or two to complete.

2 Likes

Ok, tonight’s work was a win. My new idea is working, so I should be finishing up this weekend & mailing on Monday!

2 Likes

Look! The perfect swap just opened up! One of my ideas is too busy for a tiny square but I think it could work well in a 4x6. If the experiment works out, I can sign up for that. Yay!

2 Likes

My goal is to get mine done this weekend, but my parents also have plans for me. I am hoping I can get it sent on Tuesday, when I am closest to the Post Office. I also claimed my partner for the ATC swap so I am hoping to send both at the same time. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

FYI - don’t forget to send me a msg when you send. Makes it a LOT easier to keep track of everything!

4 Likes

Done, I think? I’ll make it the post office at some point this week…

3 Likes