Felt Badges: Dragons, Mountains, & Camping!

Fun with felt! Love that the recent felt badge swap gave me a reason to play with this awesome medium!

First, for a swap partner, a curled up dragon. It’s a little tricky to see…

And a practice badge I made for myself while waiting for partners. A beautiful mountain scene:

Lastly, a camping badge made for a 2nd partner who indulged me after I decided I didn’t want the fun to end:

These are all based on images I found on the interwebs.

Thanks for looking!

24 Likes

These are SOOOO gorgeous. The tiny details are stunning.
Did you use wool felt for these? If so, do you find it better than regular poly felt?

2 Likes

Ah, yes, the felt. I should have specified as there was a whole discussion about it on the swap board!

This is a wool felt blend (35% wool/65% Rayon). The 100% wool felt I bought previously, even though from a reputable seller, was too thick to be useful for this type of detail work. This is ~2mm thick, so much easier. The craft felt (polyester or acrylic?) tends to split easier with smaller pieces. The white in the mountain badge was craft felt as my color assortment didn’t come with white. It was definitely trickier to wrangle.

A couple options for a good quality felt blend would be Over the River Felt (Amazon link) or sweetemmajean (Etsy link).

2 Likes

These are all so lovely! The dragon is so sweet and unexpected. Well done my friend.

3 Likes

Amazingly detailed for such small badges! Love them all.

3 Likes

You have become quite the master of felt details!

I love them all…the dragon is subtle and well done, but my favorite is the little camping scene…the fire logs…just great!

4 Likes

The dragon is like a puzzle you have to search for the image. My fave!

5 Likes

I love the contrast between the two nature scenes…subtle and natural vs. cartoon-esque pop. I don’t think I can pick a favourite!

4 Likes

I noticed this, too, when I posted them next to each other! :laughing:

Thanks for the kind words, all!

2 Likes

I lvoe these all so much. Each is spectacular. I love them so much and you gave me the worst swap anxiety and I wasn’t even swapping with you, just seeing what you made!
Thhe dragon is my favorite and so beautiful.

3 Likes

Aw!! And your badge came out so awesome!!!

3 Likes

love these all!

2 Likes

These are lovely in every little detail! I can see why you didn’t want the fun to end. I hope you make more of these adorable vignettes!

2 Likes

Cute! I love the Dragon especially.

2 Likes

These are really charming! You’ve managed a different mood with each, not just different images.

3 Likes

These are all lovely! My favorite is def the dragon! Great job!

2 Likes

These are all so amazing. I would not be able to pick a favorite.

2 Likes

Beautiful work! I’ve tried my hand at this stuff and I find it difficult. These turned out super cute!

1 Like

You are so talented. Perfect stitches, and lovely image composition.

They’re all sweet. I see the dragon! I like the mountain scene the best. I know the blanket embroidery stitch was fun. Your cut-out pieces are pristine. Tiny space craft work shining! I love hand embroidery!