Felt patches

Made for a really fun swap. I had 3 partners, themes chosen from their lists were: painting, kitty & sewing.

A painter’s palette with rainbow assortment of hues & a lovely pointy brush. I am quite nostalgic about Bob Ross & though I don’t paint myself I always intended to get into it. One day…

This one is firmed up with stiff felt fused to an inside layer & a pin back for optional wearing. I gave the calico kitty some embroidery stripes & a sassy cat expression, true to life lol.

Last but not least, sewing is my first crafty love & orange one of my most favourite colours. The button is antique shell from my hoard. Use the good stuff!

21 Likes

All wonderful! I have a soft spot for cats, so I especially like the kitty, sassy or not!

2 Likes

My favorite is the spool! But they are all fantastic!

2 Likes

Fabulous execution! I think the thread one is so clever.

2 Likes

This are the cat’s pin pajamas! You’ve captured the essence of each subject with just the right amount of tiny detail in such a small area.

3 Likes

Utterly adorable!

2 Likes

These are all so perfect! Love the idea of the hanging ribbon, too.

2 Likes

Love these! The layering is exquisite.

2 Likes

I am the lucky recipient of the cat pin and will be wearing it to work. I was wondering how you got it to be stiff without being rigid. I absolutely LOVE my pin and adore the other two you make. All the detailing is amazing and the hanging ribbon was a fantastic idea!

3 Likes

Ages ago I stitched up a yarn ball needle book in orange. It’s been my fave for many years.

9 Likes

These are darling!

1 Like

My fave is the spool of thread, but I am a bit biased, being the lucky recipient! I love the detail of the thread and feel so lucky to get one of @Magpie’s special shell buttons.

The cat’s little smirk is just so cat and the bitty paint brush is perfect. They are all so great!

2 Likes

These patches are so fun, and the details are perfect!

1 Like

Wow, they’re lovely. I especially love the sassy kitty but the detail on the paint palette is so perfect.

1 Like