Felted Birds Sprawling Garland Aviary

It was awesome to watch each bird come to life as you worked on them. The greenery is perfect. And they look so good altogether! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is so neat! Great job!

2 Likes

You can listen to many of the birds you made!

2 Likes

This is so cool!!! You put so much work into that. My husband and I are really loving our backyard birds this year. I love that you can bring yours inside! :bird: :heart:

3 Likes

This turned out beautifully. The garland is absolutely perfect for it! Looks fantastic hung up in your home.

1 Like

@endymion Yes!! I think so too!

@ErinAquaheart Thanks so much! Iā€™m glad that other people enjoyed the journey!

@FollowYourArrow Thanks so much!

@aimr Thatā€™s a great resource!

@SonjaBoo Yes, backyard birds are so much fun to watch! Iā€™m glad you are enjoying yours, too!

@gozer Thank you! Iā€™m so glad I was able to find something that represented what I was envisioning in my head!

3 Likes

That space was so naked before (only bc Iā€™ve now seen it with the birds). Itā€™s the ideal spot for hanging this! I love how you chose to display all the birds and I love how perfect they look on that branch in their new spot!

2 Likes

What a lovely display!

2 Likes

@AudiobookLover Yes! Since my home is literally covered all over with different crafts from swapping (4x6, hoopla, mini quilts, buntings, wall art), that space looked especially boring. Every time I look at it, it is like having the outside inside. I just love it so much.

@Tapestry Thanks so much!

1 Like

Congrats, your project is featured this week!

1 Like

Yay! Thanks!

2 Likes

Aaaaah! Glad this got featured since I might have missed it otherwise :sweat_smile: and also 'cause you deserve it! I came in late to the Bird Saga but enjoyed nonetheless :slight_smile: I think they turned out beautifully and I love how youā€™ve displayed them!

1 Like

Thank you!

Guess what I found while unpacking one of my boxesā€¦ha haā€¦and here is why I have to have mine hanging only one wayā€¦ha ha ha. Still missing a few of them, so more boxes to unpack laterā€¦

4 Likes

Awwww, yay! You found some of them! I love it!

Do you see why I mentioned turning the birds in a different direction? I swear her original patterns never said to make them two sidedā€¦lolā€¦duhā€¦I never even thought about itā€¦oh wellā€¦I am missing my nuthatch, grosbeak, hummingbird, red-winged blackbird and need to finish the others as wellā€¦they are fun to make!

1 Like

Iā€™ve made felted birds from other patterns and only made them one sided. They donā€™t need to face different directions, anyway. Yours are great!.

1 Like

The garland is so beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Itā€™s perfect to display all the cute birdies. Awesome!

1 Like

Thank you so much. Iā€™m so glad I worked so hard to finish this. I enjoy it every day!

4 Likes