Felted flying things baby mobile

My niece has moved to town! Such a cutie and her birthday is this week (turning one) so I definitely had to make her something. After consultation with her mom (my sis) we decided maybe a mobile.

I decided on “flying things” as the theme, and felted up a bee, bat, bird, fairy, and dragon. Then wrapped the ring in some fluffy cloud looking yarn and added a few butterflies.

Sorry for the tilty photos, I should have taken pictures before assembly!

I’ve always thought it was funny that mobiles usually look great from the side, but from the bottom you mostly see butts. I’m not the only one! That why I picked flying things. :wink:

19 Likes

I loved the bird then saw the bat. Oh, the dragon! Oooh, a fairy! What a cute little bee!
I love it all, and the cartoon.

1 Like

Adorable!!!

1 Like

That bat!! Grabby hands!! Your niece will be entertained for hours :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are all adorable, but the bat definitely is my favorite!

1 Like

That is brilliant

1 Like

This is both so sweet and so clever! I love that you chose from such a broad swath of flying things to include the bat and the fantasy creatures! EEP! And ever so thoughtful of you to give your little niece something more than just butt-shots! :grin: And thanks so much for such great aerial photos angles!

1 Like

Adorable! Well done for taking the users’ point of view!

I love the little bluebird!

1 Like

That is an amazing gift for your little niece!

1 Like

That little bat! Adorable.

1 Like

all-'round brilliant! So happy to see the bat included. nice to have a variety of flyers

1 Like

Sooo cute!

1 Like

Congratulations! This has been selected as one of this week’s featured projects!

2 Likes

Too cute!

2 Likes