Few of my completed projects

Here are a couple of tags I created for a junk journal I recently finished (but still need to photograph): each one has additional space/journaling cards added behind to maximize the amount of writing space available.

Here’s a calligraphy and watercolor picture I made for my eldest daughter.

And a card I also made for her:

25 Likes

Love the “Be you” saying!
Great aRt!

2 Likes

These are fabulous!

1 Like

Ha! Nicely done & excellent sentiment. Be you indeed!

1 Like

Thank you, thank you very much!

Since the moment she held her first crayon, my Ladybug has been in love with art and so not only do we do a lot of art projects together, I’m a night owl, and tend to stay up late making stuff for her and my other loves.

Here are a couple more I made for my husband:

8 Likes

I’m so delighted by all of these!

3 Likes

Oh, WOW! Impossible to pick a favorite! Your watercolor skills are fantastic!!

2 Likes

Your watercolors are wonderful, but I am downright enamored of your tags! Eep!

1 Like

Oh wow, you make beautiful art!
I love all of the pieces.
And how wonderful that your daughter is into art together with you!
I love the watercolor and the card you made for her!

2 Likes

Those are awesome, the bunny is my favorite!

3 Likes

So fun!

1 Like

Tbh, she got me into art, not the other way around.

I’ve always been into DIY projects, furniture flipping, crochet (one year I crocheted the majority of our Halloween costumes–we do a family theme each year and that year was My Little Pony) and have a creative job, but hadn’t picked up a watercolour paintbrush, sketch pencil, or dip pen until the pandemic began.

My Ladybug has oppositional defiance disorder, and when school suddenly paused last year and I had to take over teaching her, things went sideways quickly. Eventually the constant fighting was too much to deal with, so I gave up.

So I began doing art with her: it was an activity she loved, and I could slip some learning into it, and most of all, no fighting. But then I realised I liked art, too! And so began my tumble down the artistic rabbit hole… and here I am.

Funny enough, I looked back in my photos and it’s been exactly a year to the day that I did my first watercolour painting and got hooked. Here’s my first painting (we followed a YouTube tutorial):

6 Likes

Thanks! You can’t really tell by the photo, but they’re all fabric tags: one id fabric pieces modgepodged, one is canvas with fabric and paper embellishments, and one is fabric glued to a tag and stamped with “leave a legacy,” which I thought fitting for journal tags. I enjoy making elaborate mixed media tags. Little art pieces like ATCs. :relaxed:

I could totally tell they were fabric! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you for explaining.
That is wonderful, that art helps her and you to have a more relaxed relationship.
And you are both very talented!

2 Likes

Hoo boy! This wondrous topic is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :tada:

Your lettering and artwork are stunning! Beautifully done. You did the animals faces so detailed and amazing. Lucky family!

2 Likes

Very nice! I love these!

1 Like

Really nice! I love the fabric tags, and your painting of the tardis is cool too!

1 Like

The little piggy’s expression is perfection. :heart_eyes: