Fiber Friday 7/17

I’ve been crocheting more than anything else lately, but I did get this skein spun up and off the bobbin recently.

It’s undyed wool from Sheep Shed Studio. I have a pound of it and this is almost half. There are parts that are underspun, parts that are overspun… it’s not very even. :woman_shrugging: I’m still getting used to my new wheel, but, so far, I love it.

206g, 2-ply (Z), about 364 yards and averaging 11 wpi (unwashed). I expect it to fluff up quite a bit.

15 Likes

Lovely! It looks so soft. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It looks lovely. What type of wheel did you get?

1 Like

Thank you! I got the Ashford E-spinner 3. It’s been a bit of a transition to such a powerful wheel from the little EEW Nano. I think I’m getting the hang of it, though.

Beautiful!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Okay, I don’t have a finished yarn, but after posting about it months ago, I’m finally starting to spin up camel roving tonight! It’s soooooo soft.

4 Likes

Oh my gosh, camel roving? That’s so cool! It never occurred to me that it would be soft, honestly. Camels just seem sort of rugged and rough, I always assumed their fiber would be coarse.

Awesome. I have that wheel as well. I love it.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure what to expect myself. It is baby camel, not sure how much of a difference that makes for texture but yeah, super soft. I also got some yak roving with it. I’ll have to try that out too.

1 Like

Camels have two coats and the roving we spin is the undercoat. The outer coat referred to has guard hair is course and is removed from the undercoat when prepping the fiber for spinning.

2 Likes

This is gorgeous! I love the texture!

1 Like