Fiber painted pod pendants (say that 3 times fast)

The pods on the left and the right were “painted” and then wet felted. The pod in the middle has only been “painted” so far. Still needs to be wet-felted once I’m convinced I’m done painting it. These remind me of ceramic glazes.

12 Likes

These are lovely. The one in the middle is my favorite. You have such a nice eye for color combinations. What do you plan to do with these beauties? They are just fantastic.

2 Likes

The red one makes me think of cardinals.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

The “plan” is to use these pods in necklaces. I was sketching out ideas for various ways to string them some using coordinating beads, some just coordinating colors.
Main goals at the moment are knowledge and skills.

2 Likes

That purple and mustard business in the centre is so excellent! Nice work!

2 Likes

So beautiful and unique! They’ll make fantastic necklaces.

2 Likes

Played with different arrangements this morning. One of my cats came and laid on everything for a while which resulted in my searching for a missing piece for 15 minutes or so. Think I want some sort of spacer between the long tube shaped beads on each side, but not sure what exactly. It’s getting there.

2 Likes

Super beautiful color blending! Gotta love a Kitty’s desire to embed a bit of their fur into one’s fiber projects :joy:

2 Likes

Hope to be able to finish the purple and gold necklace tomorrow (providing I like the additional beads I made).
Have been working on more “painted” pods:

3 Likes

I like the one on the left in the first photo. It makes me think of trees in a winter forest and Robert Frost. Hauntingly beautiful hues. All of the pods are going to make lovely creations.

2 Likes

Was very pleased with how this pod turned out!

Made smaller coordinating pods to go with the one in the center. Still working on beads to go with this, but I’m also pleased with how it is developing.

IMG_20200209_152952%20SM

2 Likes

The necklace is totally gorgeous! It looks like a walk through the dark woods with a bird flying through the trees.

1 Like

That’s the feeling I get too!

I may do another similar to this and include a moon and perhaps some shadows that suggest creatures. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh that sounds absolutely amazing! I can’t wait to see :smiley: Please feel free to make new posts to showcase your new pendants too! No need to keep them in the same thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seemed logical to keep all the fiber painted pod pendants together in one thread (they currently are pretty much all together on my work table too! lol!). I will try to give them their own space!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I literally inhaled like a monster when I saw this!! It’s so evocative! Each like a gazing globe inside a sconce. I can’t wait to see your little creatures!

:shamrock: :metal: :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Super beautiful! I almost missed because I assumed I posted here already. Yes, please share separately!

1 Like

Beautiful! I LLOOVVEE the middle one!

1 Like