Fiber & Textile Challenge - Cozy Days

:fallen_leaf: :scarf: :apple: :yarn: :maple_leaf: Cozy Days Challenge! :maple_leaf: :yarn: :apple: :scarf: :fallen_leaf:

Admit it. Even if it makes us a bit Basic, we all love Fall. Cooler days, comfy sweaters, strolls through the pumpkin patch, colorful leaves on the ground, sipping on hot apple cider. It’s all wonderful. So let’s celebrate the season by crafting up something cozy or autumnal for Fall!

YOUR MISSION - CRAFT SOMETHING TO COZY & AUTUMN THEMED!

Remember, this is the Fiber & Textile board, so submissions for this Challenge must fit in the F&T categories, which include: crochet, cross stitch, embroidery, felting, knitting, quilting, spinning, and weaving.

Examples:

• Crochet some fingerless gloves for those chilly morning walks.
  • Embroider a fall themed hoopla to decorate your home.
  • Knit a new sweater to wear on your next family hike.
  • Spin up some cozy yarn in an autumn color palette.
  • Weave a set of dish towels in your favorite Fall colors.

The Rules:

• Your craft must be cozy and autumn themed. (Please note, this is Fall challenge, not a Halloween challenge.)
  • Each member may only submit one entry, which cannot already be posted on its own thread.
  • Additionally, your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.
  • All entries must be posted by midnight on November 15th.

The winner of the Cozy Days Challenge will receive a $20 Amazon gift card!

Additional Details:

• You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the Completed Projects sub-board.
  • You are REQUIRED to have a descriptive title and then include “- F&T 2020 Q4 Contest Entry” (example: Jennie’s Crocheted Hat - F&T 2020 Q4 Contest Entry). Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to your post. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.
  • Voting will happen on November 16th - 22nd.
  • The winner will be announced on November 23rd.
  • If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.

If you have any questions, or want to chat about your crafting progress for this challenge, post it here! Let’s have fun!

:fallen_leaf: :scarf: :apple: :yarn: :maple_leaf: Happy Fall Y’all! :maple_leaf: :yarn: :apple: :scarf: :fallen_leaf:

Entries
@bethntim’s Fox Fingerless Gloves
@CraftsUntold’s “Pairfect” Autumn Vanilla Socks
@Edel’s Crocheted Lockdown Shawl
@tendstowardschaosMid-Michigan Color Tour Handspun Merino Yarn
@Immaculata’s Autumn Socks
@sheepBlue’s Manly Knitted Socks
@WingsoftheWind’s Naalbound Hat
@Whistlefish’s ‘Fall Into Autumn’ Sampler
@MistressJennie’s Autumn Dragon Wing Shawl

:fallen_leaf: :scarf: :apple: :yarn: :maple_leaf: Happy Fall Y’all! :maple_leaf: :yarn: :apple: :scarf: :fallen_leaf:

Vote for your favorite cozy project!

• Fox Fingerless Gloves
  • “Pairfect” Autumn Vanilla Socks
  • Crocheted Lockdown Shawl
  • Mid-Michigan Color Tour Handspun
  • Autumn Socks
  • Manly Knitted Socks
  • Naalbound Hat
  • Fall Into Autumn Sampler

0 voters

15 Likes

Ooh this looks great! I am in such a fall nesting mood right now so it’s perfect timing!! :fallen_leaf:

3 Likes

Oooo…thinking cozy thoughts! :thinking:

2 Likes

What a fun challenge!

1 Like

This sounds like so much fun! I love Autumn and everything about it!

10/8-EDITED TO ADD MY ENTRY

Fingerless Fox Gloves

2 Likes

Love this idea!

1 Like

Ooh! I just started a project that I think will qualify!

3 Likes

Oooh, I’ve got just the thing in mind :black_heart::heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart:
But will I get it finished in time… :thinking:

2 Likes

Ooh, I know just the thing! starts digging through her supply stash

2 Likes

I have a project that will qualify, it’s a shawl for my sister, but I doubt I’ll get it done in time

2 Likes

Ooh my next project will qualify - just gotta wait for my yarn to be delivered :grimacing:

2 Likes

Hey Friends! In future, please don’t edit a previous post, to add the link to your new entry. Post the link as a new reply to the thread. The way that LC is set up, is to take you automatically to the newest UNREAD message in the thread, so there’s no reason for me (or anyone else) to scroll up to see if someone has added in a link to an old message. I only noticed bethntim’s entry because of the title of her project post. (Great job including the required text Beth!)

1 Like

10-4, I didn’t want to clutter the thread, I wasn’t even thinking that my edited response wouldn’t show as new

No worries my Friend! Just wanted to be sure I don’t miss anyone’s entries. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@MistressJennie, Have to ask, do WIPs count?

Provided it fills the other requirements, yes. So if for example you had a scarf partway knitted, and decided to finish it for this challenge, that’s fine.

1 Like

BEHOLD, cozy autumn socks! - F&T 2020 Q4 Contest Entry

(I edited my entry to include the Contest Entry text that I missed, I hope that’s ok)

8 Likes

I’ve finished my entry. It’s a shawl for my lovely sister who’s having a tough time right now.

This is the link

5 Likes

Lovely!