Fifteen Stars Quilt

Just realized that I hadn’t given this quilt its own thread. This quilt is a Quilt of Valor, for a dear friend of mine. Sadly, we’ve all been so busy, I haven’t presented it to him yet.

It’s double-sided - his wife chose the Fifteen Stars pattern by Wilma Moss, and I improvised the other side to use the Constitution signing/eagle panel and some more traditional quilt blocks. The stars on the flag are paper-pieced. It was my first time paper piecing. Mistakes were made…and hidden. The beige fabric on the panel-side of the quilt is printed with the Constitution. It went out of print, and I ran out, and had to track down more to finish.

Here is the presentation case:

16 Likes

Wow, that was certainly a labor of love! I love the flag design they chose. So glad you were able to track down the fabric you needed!

1 Like

My goodness! This will surely be treasured by your dear friend.

1 Like

I love the back of this quilt! You did such a good job framing the panel with the different blocks! I also really like your choice of the square grid quilting design.

1 Like

I watched this being made, so happy you gave it its own thread.

Beautiful job!

1 Like

This is really beautifully done. I’m betting on tears upon presentation (I know I would!). :smiling_face:

1 Like

Beautifully done!

1 Like

Thank you! I can’t wait to give it to him.

Wow! So beautiful!

1 Like

Beautiful work & a lovely gift.

1 Like