Fiji Mermaid

I made a fiji mermaid!

The core is tinfoil, with paper clay and Apoxie clay on the outside.

I used acrylic paint to finish the ugly dude off.

Overall, including the base, it measures 8" tall x 7" wide.

25 Likes

Oh, wow. That is some horrible-wonderful right there. Horrunderful! Yikes!

4 Likes

Oh my goodness, how many times can I :heart: this???

2 Likes

Yikes, indeed! He looks like the stuff that nightmares are made of… so well-sculpted and well-painted! I can’t even imagine starting with a ball of tinfoil and winding up with something so detailed.

3 Likes

He just oozes stellar-epicness!!! I love his brow bone, his overall color, and his delicately precise fingers.

Dead.Nice.

:metal:

2 Likes

Oooooo! So cool and so creepy and a little bit funny!

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! I bow down to your talent. This is absolutely insane. I love it so much.

2 Likes

Ooh, he is so creepy. Definitely nightmare stuff. Your work and supplies to transform into something so strange yet awesome is amazing.

1 Like

Oh I love this so much. There is a Ripley’s Believe It Or Not in the town my grandparents lived when I was a kid and I was enthralled every time I went. The creepy stuff just fascinated me, and still does. This is really awesome. What a fun piece to have sitting in one’s home to see every day.

1 Like

This is the most awesome awesome that ever awesomed.

1 Like

That is AMAZING!! So much detail…he even has realistic teeth…and FINGERNAILS!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Too bad we can only hit that :heart: once!!!

I love this really hard.

2 Likes

tooo coool!

1 Like

Crazy creepy awesome!

1 Like

I love this - it’s right up my alley. I love how scary he looks and magical he looks. Like something out of Coraline.

1 Like

Congrats! Your Fiji Mermaid is one of this week’s featured projects. You are AWE-SOME!

3 Likes

I’m so jealous of this thing! It’s a really cool piece! This oddity is so realistic but not as gross as the original fiji mermaids which I appreciate. lol! Your artistry is beyond compare.

3 Likes