Filbert the Monster

I made Filbert the monster for the Craft Stars Garage Sale.

He’s been created on watercolor paper with acrylic, acrylic markers, a gelli print background, and gel pens on a wooden cradle board.

My new experimentation with monsters is making them hairy. What do you think of him and his luscious fur? Do you think I should make more hairy or smooth like normal?

23 Likes

Filbert is awesome! I love his luxurious fur.

2 Likes

The fur is fun!

1 Like

Oh my gosh I love his fur! He’s so fluffy!!

2 Likes

He’s so very huggable with that lovely green fur!

2 Likes

My Filbert says “Hiya!” To Filbert the monster.

7 Likes

He’s so great! I see no reason why not some furry, some smooth! Just like some people’s heads are furry and some are smooth, right? :grin:

Funny, just the other day I was thinking about hazelnuts being called “filberts” sometimes where I grew up.

5 Likes

I love your new monster. I like that some are smooth, some are hairy, some are blue, but none are scary!

6 Likes

I agree with @TheMistressT - some smooth, some furry…, if you wanna get REALLY crazy, you could even branch out into scaly, feathered or chitinous!

3 Likes

Nice rhyming skills, @AIMR !

3 Likes

I love this! And BOTH Filberts!
You always add so much texture and layers to your work. The fur adds to that. it makes him look kinetic and full of energy!

2 Likes

I know, right? My heart did a little happy beat there…

2 Likes

I know a young man, son of a friend, who does the fur for Pixar movies/critters. I think he’s won an Oscar for his realistic fur movement.

3 Likes

He went so quick I didn’t even see his listing lol

1 Like

:art: :space_invader: :green_heart: Congratulations! Filbert the Monster is a Featured Project this week! :green_heart: :space_invader: :art:

2 Likes

What a fun picture! Filbert seems like quite the character! 😀

1 Like

Oh, Filbert, you are so fabulous with your fur.

1 Like

I love Filbert. You did such a great job on his fur that the preview image looked embroidered.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone for the kudos! I had a ton of fun making him and bringing him to life. :slight_smile:

@J-squared Your Filbert is toooooo cute! I want to kiss that sweet nose!

3 Likes

He came to live with me and is already up on the wall :heart_eyes:

2 Likes